free hit
counters
Brother Knocked Off Bike - Bike Banter - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Brother Knocked Off Bike

Splashout

Well last night my brother was knocked off his bike, firstly let me say thankfully he is alright which is more than can be said of the bike which was an immaculate black and yellow GSXR 600.

A old dear of who knows what age just simply changed lanes and drove straight into him and carried on driving. What was that bang? Oh must have been a pot hole darling! My bro actually got up and chased her down the road to the round about before she puled over!! Shows a strong case for retest at 60/70 I suppose.

I can only imagine what my dad felt when he happened to be driving in the traffic jam passing to see the bike splattered on the floor accompanied by a recovery truck, police car and ambulance.

He is just scratched and bruised, and hurting today which in a brotherly way is actually quite amusing. his leather and helmet are a mess though, but thankfully they did their jobs.

Just goes to show how important that wearing the right gear is! Always makes me wince when you see bikers in shorts and T-shirts etc.

Anyway enjoy the road but take care peeps especially when most of us are out this Sunday see you there if your going.

Glyn

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just goes to show how important that wearing the right gear is! Always makes me wince when you see bikers in shorts and T-shirts etc.

Anyway enjoy the road but take care peeps especially when most of us are out this Sunday see you there if your going.

Glyn

Glad he is OK. Can imagine how your dad felt.......

Bit of sun and people go mad, the number of times driving down the A24 to the parents on the coast we see riders with jeans and t-shirts on.... The comment is Always..... "muppet....5 seconds with out leather on the road and your scraping your pelvis on the tarmac" at least he was kitted correctly. I would wear leather on the bike what ever the tempreture.....

Glad your brothers OK Glyn :D

some people shouldn't have a liecence at that age , but then again there are some that have just passed that shouldn't have one either :cool:

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Good that he is okay.

I was thinking of starting a thread venting my spleen over pedal cyclists. In the past week I have had to perform several emergency stops......why do they feel the need to throw themselves in front of your car??? And for the record, I am a really careful driver and observant of speed restrictions, especially in 30 zone.

I think it's the shock of it too, of what might have happened. And of what you might have been liable for. In the 3 instances this past week, it has been entirely the fault of the cyclists not looking/thinking. And then they turn around and look at you as though you are a skid mark on a hotel bath towel FFS :cool::cool::D:D:shock::shock:

Okay, spleen vented. And apologies for hijacking this thread!

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.

Glad to hear he's OK Glyn...

Had quite a few 'near misses' myself in 22 years of biking - and, yes, always wear the correct kit - even on the hottest of days - Gravel Rash *really* hurts!!

If it's not elderly drivers - it's school run mums, or BMW and Volvo owners - anyone of that ilk on these forums excepted of course!! :cool::D

Q: If the cars are so well engineered - why don't BMW indicators work? :D

Talking of elderly drivers - we were heading towards Wycombe on the M40 the other Sunday and were stunned to have an elderly couple in a green VW heading towards us on the hard shoulder - heading NW alongside the SE traffic - looked like they'd come the wrong way down the Stokenchurch Slip Road.

Most people would have stopped - but no - they were trundling the wrong way down the M40 at 15 mph...

We called the Police and they'd had many reports - I guess they probably got picked up at the cameras at the next junction. At least - we didn't see a mangled mess when we came back through later...

Be carefull out there!

Edited by Iain

"... the Lotus Turbo (Esprit) owner will not only be comfortable in fast company, but will find, more often than not, that he has no company at all!" Road and Track magazine

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' Featured in Classic and Sportscar Aug 2008 and Wheeler Dealers.

1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 221,000 miles and counting!

Read it.....I need the I'm screaming emoticon.....can relate to so much of that. They SO should have insurance; for themselves and the damage they can do to a car :cool::D:D:shock::shock:

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.

Hi Glyn, glad to hear bro is okay.

Bikers are given a hard deal (almost as bad as 4x4 drivers Iain :lol:. You have to have the right gear, bugs hurt and tarmac will hurt more, and look out for everyone!! Briefly rode a ZXR400 and would love another but the thought of those numpties pulling out on me puts me off. There aren't that many people that look out for you.

I feel that it should be compulsary to have a minimum amount of driving lessons (from a recognised company), motorway driving should also be on the agenda. What do you think?

On that note, coming back from Uni on the M27, I saw a moped hooning down the hard shoulder in the opposite direction! :huh:

Happy hooning

LouX

post-1-039744300201278592955.jpg

I'm not a biker but I'm sure the roads would be safer if everyone had to ride a motorbike for at least 2 years to qualify for a driving license. I've had people pull out in front of my car when they clearll didn't see it. What chance is there that they would see a bike?

In California, they are hopeless at wearing the right clothes. Jeans or shorts and tee shirts. Or, for the old gits on Harleys, jeans and leather waistcoats with loads of tassels. Even the police wear short-sleeved shirts and cloth trousers. Remember CHiPs? They still dress the same.

CHiPs.jpg

And so many bikers wear the WWII German soldier-style helmet. It's a breath of fresh air to see properly kitted bikers on proper bikes.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE