Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora (S) - 1-DIN Headunit ? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora (S) - 1-DIN Headunit ?

I've been pondering an upgrade to the slow Alpine INE-W920R in my Evora, and am considering the possibility of

using a 1-DIN unit with the display on a stalk like below. Another benefit of this would be I could throw my phone in the

space below, maybe even adding a Qi charging mat in there!

image.png.6221ab6dba80ea379b9a88b70a331301.pngimage.png.5147ccb7e2f1aeff7347c008df93224e.png

Need to go look at the space available, but I think it should fit in the (somewhat recessed) location of the non-4xx Evoras. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have often used Waze for nav on the way down past Grenoble to the Alpes, and also down to Toulouse many times, it's brilliant in my opinion.

I think in response to your poke @Bravo73, the stuck-on-iPad look might be less obvious due to the already recessed location of the units in the non-4xx Evoras, I'd hope it could be positioned barely any further forward than the top cowling?

Go for it. 

I'd guess a local place with one in stock would let you offer it up to see how it looks and whether it catches on anything. According to the blurb it has both angular and vertical adjustment.

Thomas ( @TBD ) had great success with this type of unit in his Evora GTE.     https://www.joyingauto.com/joying-newest-android-7-inch-single-din-octa-core-4gb-64gb-car-gps-navigation-system.html

I use WAZE when in my VX220 and it is superb for Nav, and have used it concurrently with Google Maps to compare and with several in car sat navs in hire cars etc.

Waze if of course no part of Google and a lot of the unique functionality from WAZE is now appearing in Google Maps. I also travel every week for work and Google Maps is just superb as it fully integrates to public transport so I can plan a route using car (taxi), trains and buses and it syncs with things like bus stops, train stations and the associated time tables. Wonderful tech to be honest and even better as not an Apple in sight! :blobfire:

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM

Waze is by far the best sat navigation tool available... its brilliant..  and always 100% accurate with traffic and re routing.. mapo arsealways correct..  IMO of course