free hit
counters
3 eleven thinkings - 3-Eleven Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content


3 eleven thinkings


kotten

Recommended Posts

i have been thinking of this cars but have two questions.

1. is there any tonneau cover available for this cars? or this there any other good way to prevent water enter the tub?

2. i have a porsche cayman gt4 today, will i do a trade down? Anyone know the time on track, wich is fastest?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Lars

1. I don't believe so, you can see in this video...

and

2. Watch this video.

If a 3-Eleven is faster than a 918 Spyder, I'm pretty sure the GT4 isn't going to even be in the same ball park! 

 

  • Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM
21 hours ago, kotten said:

i have been thinking of this cars but have two questions.

1. is there any tonneau cover available for this cars? or this there any other good way to prevent water enter the tub?

2. i have a porsche cayman gt4 today, will i do a trade down? Anyone know the time on track, wich is fastest?

Which track?  As @Bibs has shown at Hockenheim the 3-11 beats a 918 so pretty impressive and that wasn't even the fastest 3-11 Lotus would sell you!  They do the 430 too.... At the Nurburgrind the fastest recorded GT4 time is 7m 42s, for the 3-Eleven it is 7m 06s. That puts it ahead of the McLaren 720s (just) and Mercedes AMG GTR but behind the Porsche 918 ( 6m 57s).

Trade down? Well, that depends. Are you just meaning the driving (so the answer is no) or the comfort (so the answer is yes) or the convenience (the answer is yes) or the most fun (the answer is no)! Etcetera....

  • Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM

Who knows Dave? I don't? But maybe the guy wants to keep his GT4 anyway. I'd like him to get a Lotus ;)

 

By the way your 3-11 looked and sounded superb at Blyton a few weeks back.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Who knows Dave? I don't? But maybe the guy wants to keep his GT4 anyway. I'd like him to get a Lotus ;)

 

By the way your 3-11 looked and sounded superb at Blyton a few weeks back.

👍👍

Certainly fun to drive enthusiastically on track😁😁😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Seriouslylotus said:

Not sure you are correct...

The yellow 311 in the video has the sequential gearbox . so highly likely it also have the 'race' engine at about 460-460 bhp.

So in reality nothing like either of the two road versions

agree, that is not the road going 3-eleven

7 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Which track?  As @Bibs has shown at Hockenheim the 3-11 beats a 918 so pretty impressive and that wasn't even the fastest 3-11 Lotus would sell you!  They do the 430 too.... At the Nurburgrind the fastest recorded GT4 time is 7m 42s, for the 3-Eleven it is 7m 06s. That puts it ahead of the McLaren 720s (just) and Mercedes AMG GTR but behind the Porsche 918 ( 6m 57s).

Trade down? Well, that depends. Are you just meaning the driving (so the answer is no) or the comfort (so the answer is yes) or the convenience (the answer is yes) or the most fun (the answer is no)! Etcetera....

i can live with the lack of Comfort, i only have my GT4 as a track weapon today so i am not looking for Comfort, navigation, radio, Electric windows etcetera. 🙂

I one thing i am concern of (and other with me i Believe) is the value of the car. I Think the dropping is much more on the 3-eleven and i also Think that the customer Group is more narrow the day you want to let the car go.

23 minutes ago, Seriouslylotus said:

👍👍

Certainly fun to drive enthusiastically on track😁😁😁

do you have a 3-eleven 430? Have you compare it to a regular one?

Did you have Another performance cars and can do some comparasion?

8 hours ago, Bibs said:

Hi Lars

1. I don't believe so, you can see in this video...

I found it:
https://www.deroure.com/diagrams.asp?TBL=11814&MAK=1&MDL=57&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM
1 hour ago, kotten said:

I one thing i am concern of (and other with me i Believe) is the value of the car. I Think the dropping is much more on the 3-eleven and i also Think that the customer Group is more narrow the day you want to let the car go.

Not sure about depreciation being an issue, but for sure there is a narrower market for the car as (1) it is a niche track focused performance car with no roof and (2) it is not as common as a Porsche so not everyone knows about it or is willing to accept the compromises to live with it.

I know you drive your GT4 on the track hard, but a lot of them are just used to pose with down the local beer hall / pub or in the golf club car park.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...