free hit
counters
Just got a sport 380, and now I cant get into it....at all! - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
seijik

Just got a sport 380, and now I cant get into it....at all!

Hi guys and gals, 

So tonight I went to go for a drive only to find my battery has gone flat, it has been less than 2 days since i last drove it and the last journey was a couple hours of driving.  So now I'm quite stuck, the central locking isn't working, the key does nothing in the barrels as it was locked with the key fob, and the charger wont start a charge going through the aux posts in the front access panel. So I'm literally unable to get into my car?!? 

Does any one know of a work around to get in? it has a race battery in there btw. what a great idea that's turned out to be! 

Edited by seijik

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi and welcome - I'm afraid you need to get a piece of wire and insert it down alongside the window glass and pull the pin up manually. I think this is the only way you can access the car once the race battery has dropped below it's threshold voltage.

If you have a lithium battery, then the manager has probably tripped at 10v to save the battery.  Once you get in you will need to reset the battery manager using the button on top of it.

I think your only way in is to try to life the pin, which is tricky with a hard top on, or to gain access to the boot.

Lithium batteries really aren't worth the maintenance overhead on anything other than a race car.

Dave

Can you attach a battery charger to power the car in the forward service hatch? Or is that just earlier s2's etc?

Whether you can or not is actually irrelevant as the battery is likely to have tripped as mentioned above and even if you could recharge you need to gain access to the battery to reset it.

The best solution long term is not to leave Car locked but this may be very difficult,  or lock doors with the key.

I was kinda upset with the dealer when my Cup came with a regular battery, but after reading on how difficult Lithium batteries are to take care of, I'm glad I've got a regular battery in my car.

Thanks for the replies guys, I got into it in the end. 12v on the front posts got me in, no break in required thankfully!