free hit
counters
Harness advice - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Probably been done a 100 times,sorry if it has......

looking for advice on harness'......what's everyone got /costs etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Schroth ASM 4 points are the default choice. Easy fit and can be kept with standard belts if wanted. They do a lotus specific fit to allow you to use existing lap belt mounts.

These ones: https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p/schroth-lotus-elise-exige-ii-fe-asm-saloon-harness-9115

If you’re ok with 6 points that’s a safer all round choice, but you will need to add the mounting bar against the cross member under the seat and many don’t like crotch straps. Plus you’ll need to change seats if you don’t have the carbon seats with the lap hole.

You'll need a harness bar if you don’t have one already, I prefer the type that bolts to the roll bar as the mounting makes more sense, but there are others that mount to the upper seatbelt brackets. These are the easiest option and you don’t need to cut trim:

https://www.seriouslylotus.com/v6-harness-bar

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought the trs harnesses as the supplier kept me waiting ages on the schroth ones and Hofmanns had these in stock.

delighted with them.....quality is very good and both cost the same as one schroth.

 

623DC167-264C-4A9B-B1DB-845018DE1224.jpeg

19CE8AFA-4937-4766-8443-2A26EBE1D3BB.jpeg

C16B3586-6DCC-4E1A-80C1-8987466944CE.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks chaps im probably stating the obvious but I assume you need a harness bar whichever way you go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ali tuck said:

Thanks chaps im probably stating the obvious but I assume you need a harness bar whichever way you go?

Yep, various options available. The one I linked to would be easiest to fit. Personally prefer the traditional bolt behind the roll bar type, but that’s much more work to fit but not hard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought Schroth Lotus harnesses and bar from SeriouslyLotus more than a year ago, but then decided to not use those until I get to sort out a hans device - somehow the idea of being pinned to the seat with helmet on my head started looking unappealing in case of any accident.

Used 4-point harnesses in the other car before and was always very happy with very tangible improvement in the connection to the car and possibility to focus on working with pedals, steering wheel and gearbox (as opposed to holding on to them with the standard seatbelts). Just never thought about neck safety aspect of it.

Edited by vd9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vd9 said:

I bought Schroth Lotus harnesses and bar from SeriouslyLotus more than a year ago, but then decided to not use those until I get to sort out a hans device - somehow the idea of being pinned to the seat with helmet on my head started looking unappealing in case of any accident.

Used 4-point harnesses in the other car before and was always very happy with very tangible improvement in the connection to the car and possibility to focus on working with pedals, steering wheel and gearbox (as opposed to holding on to them with the standard seatbelts). Just never thought about neck safety aspect of it.

Does the hans device also stop your head tilting right and left by any chance while tracking? I've noticed on hard turns i tend to tilt my head too much. maybe i need to start working out my neck muscles like F1 drivers 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, mark248am said:

Does the hans device also stop your head tilting right and left by any chance while tracking? I've noticed on hard turns i tend to tilt my head too much. maybe i need to start working out my neck muscles like F1 drivers 🤔

It restricts a bit, but not something that would hold your head in place round a corner though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mark248am said:

Does the hans device also stop your head tilting right and left by any chance while tracking? I've noticed on hard turns i tend to tilt my head too much. maybe i need to start working out my neck muscles like F1 drivers 🤔

Buy a lighter helmet 😉 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BatMobile said:

Buy a lighter helmet 😉 

Or get a soccer player's brain 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mark248am said:

Does the hans device also stop your head tilting right and left by any chance while tracking?

I'm afraid we still have to do this bit ourselves. I find it tricky as well. :stuart:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...