free hit
counters
Exige V6 Upgrade to 380 (Cup?) looks - Page 3 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Christian H

Exige V6 Upgrade to 380 (Cup?) looks

But what about the fancy '380' sticker????

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
7 hours ago, alias23 said:

And not have the restricted Rev limiter!

Yep. And I already got some more things that a 380 doesn't have. 

For example my v6 has already an updated gearbox and the clutch of the evora 410 / exige 410 because both failed. 

5 hours ago, Dan.G said:

But what about the fancy '380' sticker????

I'm not so much into stickers but eventually I will get some custom 460 stickers some time to replace the exige s label 🤔😉

4 hours ago, Christian H said:

Yep. And I already got some more things that a 380 doesn't have. 

For example my v6 has already an updated gearbox and the clutch of the evora 410 / exige 410 because both failed. 

I'm not so much into stickers but eventually I will get some custom 460 stickers some time to replace the exige s label 🤔😉

Touche

Hey Chistian , That s a nice car and projekt with have here , I feel pretty close to you that I wanted to do exactly the same as you , modding a 350 to create an absolute beast !! but finally I ve been for a new 410 ^^ ( did not resist ahahha )  and I ve seen you are based close to Munich ? right ? I am living in Munich and would love to meet for some drive to share our passion XD 

Let me know if you re interested :) 

See you

37 minutes ago, Ben410 said:

Hey Chistian , That s a nice car and projekt with have here , I feel pretty close to you that I wanted to do exactly the same as you , modding a 350 to create an absolute beast !! but finally I ve been for a new 410 ^^ ( did not resist ahahha )  and I ve seen you are based close to Munich ? right ? I am living in Munich and would love to meet for some drive to share our passion XD 

Let me know if you re interested :) 

See you

Hey Ben. Ich bin eher aus der Nürnberger Gegend. Jeden 2. Donnerstag im Monat ist ein Treffen in Erlangen wenn du mal Lust hast. 

Oder man trifft sich in der mitte für ne Ausfahrt. 

Last major upgrade for the moment and also the best thing I have done to the car for a long time.

Added 4 point harnesses for track use and removed the insulation behind the seats. I think the insulation alone was heavier than the harness bar and harnesses together.
I should have bought them right from the start, it changes the driving feel and I have not even done a full trackday with them. The harnesses and new geo gives me much more confindence in the abilities of the car. Just love them.

image.jpeg.987b9614d554a70957fd9a574b0baad4.jpeg

Another great thing to install are seat runner tensioners. Now the drivers seat won´t move anymore when breaking or accelerating.

image.jpeg.86aa768eefc9b25cf88e1eb081b335ec.jpeg

image.jpeg.8f7bc5f92167e2c4ed126ac15a33b0f7.jpeg

I agree, harnesses are a great mod, even if you don't track. They really connect you with the car a lot more.

Did you take the opportunity to update your seat springs ?? Harnesses make such a big difference, even for road drive, not being ejected to each side when you turn with some speed .. 

2 hours ago, chumaxa said:

Did you take the opportunity to update your seat springs ?? Harnesses make such a big difference, even for road drive, not being ejected to each side when you turn with some speed .. 

What do you mean with the seat springs? I added tensioners for the seat runners. 

Does anyone know if the cannards from elise shop are really simmilar to the original 380 cannards? 

Link

Cant see if they look different because I have never seen them in real life and have no pictures for direct comparison. 

Did a comparison pic but with the carbon ones... they look quite different from the side view:

image.thumb.jpeg.2693b9dccebc646a8b2d8990ac8252eb.jpeg

Edited by Christian H

I believe they’re from Win-ace. Judging by the rear spats I bought from them, I’d think they’ll be pretty good.

Exactly what I meant about the tensionner .. I am also looking for the cannards, the one from Elise shop do not look as good as OEM I agree, did you have a look on Deroure to get the official one ? 

Yes but I dont know if it is with or without tax and incl. Shipping to germany.. I think it was about 650 pounds or 760€ or so. I think with tax and fitting it will be a thousand euro.. Its really much for 4 pieces of plastic but in my opinion it makes also 90% of the looks of an 380 so I will eventually go the lotus way for this pieces. 

Someone got detail pictures of the 380 front splitter with the rubber lip? Thought about adding the lip and I dont know if the front part of the splitter is different on the 380..

On 11/05/2019 at 14:55, Christian H said:

Does anyone know if the cannards from elise shop are really simmilar to the original 380 cannards? 

Link

Cant see if they look different because I have never seen them in real life and have no pictures for direct comparison. 

Did a comparison pic but with the carbon ones... they look quite different from the side view:

image.thumb.jpeg.2693b9dccebc646a8b2d8990ac8252eb.jpeg

Look kind of like mine  actually but too wide for my liking.

edited to add photos of mine genuine ones.

My 380 has no rubber splitter though and think that looks gash!spacer.png

AEFC8733-BDFF-4214-B44A-E9D109FD5778.jpeg

Edited by rafphillips
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rafphillips said:

Look kind of like mine  actually but too wide for my liking.

edited to add photos of mine genuine ones.

My 380 has no rubber splitter though and think that looks gash!spacer.png

AEFC8733-BDFF-4214-B44A-E9D109FD5778.jpeg

Have you removed the rubber lip? Love the original cannards. 

Mines an original car and don't think it came with one fitted from the factory. I am the second owner but purchased direct from the original owner.

Agree those cannards just done look right.

Some suggestions on this one? Thought about red stripes...

image.thumb.jpeg.4dd81fe58f35798a1ea0003bea0c2870.jpeg

Edited by Christian H

@Christian H

Did you have any issues refitting your passenger seat? Mine is touching the harness bar and can make adjustments to the straps difficult.

With there being no passenger seat rail I'm stuck with it

IMG-20190519-WA0012.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dan.G said:

@Christian H

Did you have any issues refitting your passenger seat? Mine is touching the harness bar and can make adjustments to the straps difficult.

With there being no passenger seat rail I'm stuck with it

IMG-20190519-WA0012.jpeg

I moved the seat a bit forward so it won´t touch the harness bar. In fact there is only one position where I can drive and it won´t touch the bar.

1 minute ago, Christian H said:

I moved the seat a bit forward so it won´t touch the harness bar. In fact there is only one position where I can drive and it won´t touch the bar.

This is the passenger seat, there is no rail, how did you move it? As I'll get my spanners out

1 minute ago, Dan.G said:

This is the passenger seat, there is no rail, how did you move it? As I'll get my spanners out

Sorry.. i meant the driver seat. Had no issues with the passenger seat at all.. have you installed the original Lotus harness bar? I´ve got the KomoTec bar.

1 minute ago, Christian H said:

Sorry.. i meant the driver seat. Had no issues with the passenger seat at all.. have you installed the original Lotus harness bar? I´ve got the KomoTec bar.

No idea actually, wasnt komotec though. Fitted through lotus