free hit
counters
Need to scan the oil pan surface - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Need to scan the oil pan surface

Anybody know of a cheap place to get scans from? I'd like to design a dry sump pan and need the bottom of the engine scanned. I'm In Worcester...but willing to travel.

It's for this project...

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/91371-2zz-ge-engine-builddesign-for-competition/

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wrong engine (not for a 2ZZ-GE) and not a dry sump... thanks though.

Hi Julius,

Through work, I have used a company called FDM Digital, based in Burnley. Their core business is 3D printing, they use a blue laser scanner mounted on a FARO arm, for inspecting printed parts or reverse engineering. They can convert the surface scan data to a solid model, for use with CATIA. If you require a full size model or a negative pattern printing, then they could also assist. The scanner is portable, so they are not averse to visiting on site. Unfortunately I cannot give you an idea of cost, you said cheap, but I guess it depends on what you consider cheap.

Another potential company is NMS 3D UK, based near Chester, they offer a measurement service, CMM or scanning. They have portable systems, so can also visit on site.

Hope this helps.

17 minutes ago, SJP68 said:

Hi Julius,

Through work, I have used a company called FDM Digital, based in Burnley. Their core business is 3D printing, they use a blue laser scanner mounted on a FARO arm, for inspecting printed parts or reverse engineering. They can convert the surface scan data to a solid model, for use with CATIA. If you require a full size model or a negative pattern printing, then they could also assist. The scanner is portable, so they are not averse to visiting on site. Unfortunately I cannot give you an idea of cost, you said cheap, but I guess it depends on what you consider cheap.

Another potential company is NMS 3D UK, based near Chester, they offer a measurement service, CMM or scanning. They have portable systems, so can also visit on site.

Hope this helps.

Oh...very good! Thank you. I'll check both of them out.

42 minutes ago, au-yt said:

Wrong engine (not for a 2ZZ-GE) and not a dry sump... thanks though.

• Like 1