free hit
counters
My Drivers window - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Doesn't drop and then raise itself anymore, when I open and close the door. It's been working up to 2 weeks ago and has stopped altogether now. the passenger side works fine.

Any idea's?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks I'll try it and I am the first to say that even that may be beyond my technical expertise.

I had this happen on my driver's window this past winter during the rainy season. I assume the regulator allowed water to ingress.  To close the window, I just repeatedly pulled up on the window

My window drop on opening the door stopped working last week and I investigated today. I took the inside panel off but it was unnecessary as I managed to free the micro switch using silicone spray lub

Posted Images

If it doesn't work after a reset* then any other fix will be outside your skillset because it will involve fault finding and possibly replacing parts - and I say that with love. :wub: :D

*Ignition on, press the window down switch, when the glass reaches the bottom continue holding the switch down for 5 seconds. Press the window up switch, once the glass reaches the top continue holding the switch up for 5 seconds. Release button. Ignition off. 

Didn't work. 

'As Broke hint it......as we say in Norfolk.

Anyone have any idea what it could be?

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

It might be the micro switch in the lock - have you seen this thread?

My suggestion would be to take the door trim off and soak the microswitch in wd40 to see if you can bring it back to life.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Me + Technical stuff = Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Just learnt to remove the battery cover to charge it, I think removing a door cover may be a little past me!

• Gold FFM

I ended up replacing both window regulators to fix my window problems, it was not cheap and I was not happy.

Fingers crossed it's not that.

cheers

-Chris

Yep same problem with mine, new window regulator 🙄. Wasn't cheap I'm afraid. 

I'm led to believe that generally if the reset doesn't work is usually the regulator. Common fault it seems. 

I had the same problem when I let the battery go flat, through not driving the car for a period during one winter (my own fault, cars garaged and I have a battery charger). Tried the reset procedure, but the passenger side window drop down feature still didn't work. It remained in the drop down position when the door was shut, then I closed it it with the window switch and if anyone got in the passenger side, I would partially open the window, before they opened the door. Initially for a period of time the window would judder up and down or completely go fully open and down, of its own accord when the car was parked in the garage and unlocked. Like it was trying to find its home position. Eventually it settled and I would just operate it with the switch. When the car was serviced, they had the door panel off, but could not find an obvious vault and suggested a new window regulator, they had none in stock but were going to give me a quote, heard nothing and i didn't chase. Then one day when opening the passenger, the window dropped and then closed when the door was shut and it has worked ever since. So now I make sure my battery is always charged. If your prepared to live with it for bit, it may fix itself.

Anyone had this problem?

Got into the car and inserted the key; The drivers window just opened itself and refused to close.

The reset function keeps clicking so I’m guessing the switch is still trying to open the window.

Its pretty obvious the window mechanism is rooted, but does anyone have an idea how I can get the window shut again?

I’ve removed the fuse for the moment but if anyone has an answer, I’d be grateful.

Thanks. 

Tris...

I had this happen on my driver's window this past winter during the rainy season. I assume the regulator allowed water to ingress. 

To close the window, I just repeatedly pulled up on the window switch as fast as I could. It would inch the window up a little bit at a time, until it was finally all the way up. But on occasion, it would move the window up, and then the window would drop back down to the fully open position and I'd have to start over. 

Once it dried up, it seems to be back to normal. But I did end up ordering what I think is a compatible replacement regulator and will keep it on hand in case I have issues with it again. 

• Thanks 2

If I may make a suggestion, there are some good products for protecting electrical parts like window regulators that are water displacement and promote electrical connection.

I use an CRC product called electra shield.

On 09/05/2019 at 02:34, agentdr8 said:

I had this happen on my driver's window this past winter during the rainy season. I assume the regulator allowed water to ingress. 

To close the window, I just repeatedly pulled up on the window switch as fast as I could. It would inch the window up a little bit at a time, until it was finally all the way up. But on occasion, it would move the window up, and then the window would drop back down to the fully open position and I'd have to start over. 

Once it dried up, it seems to be back to normal. But I did end up ordering what I think is a compatible replacement regulator and will keep it on hand in case I have issues with it again. 

Sadly none of that worked in my case. 

Took the car off to a local garage to try a temporary fix so I can get the car back to my lotus dealer. Plan was disconnect motor; pull window up; reconnect motor so window stayed put. 

Except...

With the window down you can’t get to the motor mechanism to disconnect it! Just a small design flaw that one.

So they built a Perspex temporary window, feed it into the door frame, taped it to the existing window. At least means I can get it to Snows and they can deal with it. Fortunately still under warranty but what a faff, for something so minor. 

Hum ho. 

• 2 weeks later...

My window drop on opening the door stopped working last week and I investigated today. I took the inside panel off but it was unnecessary as I managed to free the micro switch using silicone spray lubricant (although WD40 would probably work too) through the latch on the back edge of the door.  I’ve attached 2 photos below in the first, I sprayed diagonally down through the gap at the opening to the latch slot.

In the second photo I used a bolt to move the latch to the locked position which gave another 2 access angles, again I used the straw on the van to spray in and down onto the mechanism. I opened the latch using the exterior handle and repeated the spray lubrication a couple of times and it started working again.

Only thing to remember is to make sure the latch is in the open position before trying to shut the door.

CE265CA1-80B4-4701-8B4F-D02995878542.jpeg

6BCD9044-CA08-4E51-A697-3A5BF99769F2.jpeg

• Like 1