free hit
counters
Heartbroken - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Guys, our darling Jack Russell Georgie was diagnosed in January with Bladder Cancer. We frantically read all the material we could on canine TCC and soon realised that unfortunately there was no cure and that this would be a short time frame. 

We were devastated that gradually the tumour filled her bladder and we had to either let her go to the end and die a painful death or make the decision to end her life. Today was that day. We let the vet put her to sleep.The best twelve years of our lives. Our sleeping partner, walking companion and best friend. Our beloved Georgie, our girl. 

Devastated is an understatement.

Mike and Mel

image.jpeg

• Sad 11

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys, our darling Jack Russell Georgie was diagnosed in January with Bladder Cancer. We frantically read all the material we could on canine TCC and soon realised that unfortunately there was no cure

Thanks all . It's very quiet without her ......

Just can't Belive she is not here waiting to go to bed with us .will miss her so much ....Mike and Mel .

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Mike - I cant express in words how sad that is.

thoughts are with you chap

Only here once

• Gold FFM

So sorry to hear your news, Mike - cancer is such a cruel and indiscriminate disease.

Hoping your heartbreak eases as you remember all those good years you had together.

Run free, Georgie.

Dogs carve such a strong hold on our hearts. Amazing companions. Amazing animals.

RIP Georgie.

• Gold FFM

Very sorry to hear of your loss Mike. They do leave footprints in your heart...

I clearly remember her when we came to buy your SE. And you were always talking about her, even taking her needs and preferences into account when considering cars. I'm sure she had a great time with you and your family, right upto that hard decision. She could cross the rainbow brigde tail a wagging. 🌈

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

It is never an easy decision. Done it many times myself.

RIP little lass.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

• Gold FFM

Real sorry to hear this Mike and Mel. They are a huge part of the family and often the catalyst that holds things together. We lost our last two to the big C.

Go chase them rabbits over the Rainbow bridge Georgie. Run pain free.

Wendy and John.

Sorry to hear about the dog Mike,  very sad times when you loose one,  even when it is through old age its hard enough,  even more so from the big C ,   think about the good times and just remember that at least Georgie will not be in any pain anymore,  dogs hide pain so well, so sometimes we often spot things to late.

My thoughts are with you both

Regards Dan 

A

very sorry for your loss

by the sounds of it that little doggie has had the best spoilt 12 years ever ...  

rip little one

Parents lost their Jack Russell 3 weeks ago due to common bladder issues. Grew up with that dog. Feel your pain. Always sad to lose one of the family

I know this feeling it dreadful. No tail wagging welcome on your return home and the house feels there is something missing. Sorry to hear Mike. 😢

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Mike, as someone once shared with me (and I found it really helped):

it only hurts this much because the memories are so good.

• Like 2

That's a great way of putting it, Dave.

Commiserations on losing a friend, Mike and Mel. But time will heal and you will remember the good times. I'm sure Georgie had a great life.

So so sorry Mike. We do love our dogs like our children and it's a horrid wrench when we lose them. 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)