free hit
counters
thread and bolt size? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Can anyone tell me the bolt and thread size for the radius arm to hub carrier bolt and the radius arm to lower shock bush to hub carrier bolt?

I see on the parts spreadsheet that there's a land rover replacement available for the latter- I might clean up the threads on them otherwise.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

So it's 1/2 unf - 20tpi - I could buy a die to clean the threads but the long bolt is a bit damaged - anyone injure of a source?

I think the LR replacement is the one that ties the Series bulkhead into the chassis (one either side through outriggers) . Otherwise SJs do them (or Lotusbits I guess).

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Thanks Clive. My car has been painted and is looking great. I hope to pick it up next week. The engine work has ground to a halt at the moment but will pick up in a couple of weeks once I source a few parts I need.

David

I got those bolts from ebay.

The only difference with theLotus bolts vs Land Rover ones was that the bolts I received weren't bevelled at the end. Whilst this initially didnt seem a massive concern, it made locating them correctly very hard. If the bolts you receive dont have a bevel, put one on with a bench grinder and clean up the threads before attempting to fit.

Thanks for the suggestions. SJ offer remanufactured bolts at only a small price premium over both ht unf part threaded studs off the web and the LR items,  so I've gone for those,  and will clean up the shorter bolts as they are in better nick. Hopefully they won't need grinding!

Sorry to hijack this thread but I thought I'd use it anyway!

Can someone tell me the correct size for the bolt that goes through the lower shock to radius arm/hub carrier (rear) (90 degrees to the hub carrier bolt.) I'm having a mare trying to get the drivers side brakes to stop binding as I do up the drive shaft, thought I'd assemble the near side to see if it's the same, only to find I'm missing this bolt!

Some days are just like that! (in fact most of them seem to be at the moment!)

Cheers

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

IMG_20190519_172924.jpg.a530434464629da8c65888f363bad00a.jpgIt's 1/2" 165mm length bolt30mm threaded unf. This is the lamdrover part mentioned above,  listed i think on the spreadsheet.