free hit
counters
Exige Roadster with Lotus OE Motorsport Exhaust? - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Exige Roadster with Lotus OE Motorsport Exhaust?

Hello all,

I'm due to collect a 2015 Exige V6 S Roadster on Saturday, and one very cool option on this car (also comes with a hardtop too which is a nice bonus), is that it has the Lotus OE Motorsport Exhaust (from www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/74692-best-exhaust-for-exige-v6 ). Originally I was a bit confused and thought the exhaust was aftermarket as not the usual pig snout, but the dealer assured me it was factory standard, and it looks remarkably similar to the exhaust on the Evora Sports Racer. It sounded absolutely brilliant (especially with the roof off.)

I'm curious how many Exige Roadsters got spec-ed with the Lotus OE Motorsport Exhaust? Or is this a one off?

Also, is the Motorsport exhaust okay for trackdays? (I'm planning to go to Castle Combe soon which has a 100db static noise limit.)

It's main purpose will be my summertime daily driver (have a 2010 Solar Orange Audi S3 for the wintertime.)

Best wishes,

David

image.png.c837ce6b28c046fbc0edb46504d3cb3c.png

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Never heard the motorsport exhaust but a complete guess would be you will be very lucky to be under 100db static. 

For ref my 2bular track system WITH the add on silencers is about 98/99

If you search the forums you should find a few threads as I believe it is noted somewhere... from memory I think its 99db its not bad but it is border line. Castle Combe is strict but you may just get away with it... 

www.alias23.com

Castle Combe asks for 4,500rpm and not 3/4 of the redline as most of the others do - important for louder cars as it is normally noticeably quieter :thumbup:

Thanks guys.

Some posts are saying the Motorsport exhaust is quieter, which would be a surprise as it certainly sounded fantastic when I went for the test drive. I previously had an Exige V6 S Coupe but never removed the roof, so can't really compare.

The date is set for Tuesday 14th, I'll update the post with how I get on.

I’ve read that it’s a little quieter too, compared to the pig snout in Sport mode.   Looks better though!   

So it could be that it just sounds so much better with the roof off, that’s the norm for roadsters v coupes I think...

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update, no problems at all at Castle Combe 😀 Was mostly using race mode. To be honest, was being fairly conservative on the RPM.

And I was probably about the slowest person there (I'm no race driver) but had a great time.

https://lotusownersdiary.blogspot.com/2019/05/some-pictures-from-castle-combe-track.html