free hit
counters
Too wide? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Found some cool looking wheels at a decent price and in 16" so loads more / better tyre choice.

But they're 8j front and 9j rear (both ET10) Will they be too wide for the Eclat?

Minimum tyre width suggested for the rim width are 215 front 235 rear, but ideally 225/245.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.88d94703632173660ed71911e9131307.jpg

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Charlie cokers resto thread had some discussion on the possible size combos.

given the amount of torque you conversion will push out.... maybe the lack of rubber / tyre options on the stock 14’s might help protect the drive train....

nice wheels btw

1 minute ago, Straker said:

given the amount of torque you conversion will push out.... maybe the lack of rubber / tyre options on the stock 14’s might help protect the drive train....

nice wheels btw

I know, and that was kinda my plan to give the diff a chance, but they are nice though aren't they? 😍 🤣

On 08/05/2019 at 11:09, Straker said:

Looks like he hasn't been on here for over a year so can't really ask him. From his build thread it looks like he had 7J front and 8J rear so my 8J/9J combo may be ambitious.

With a 16 inch rim, the widest tire that will fit in front is a 205-45 series. I have even tried a 215 and it rubbed the inner wheel well.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi - I'm now the proud owner of the Panther...the car modded so superbly by Charlie.

if it helps at all, the tyre sizes on the Roto aftermarket wheels are 195/45R15 front and 205/50R15 back.

cheers

jim

• Like 2

Cheers - jim