free hit
counters
Show us ya Decks - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
mayevora

Show us ya Decks

Replacing two decks at the moment and more of a pain job than I was expecting. 

I am stunningly good at demolition but rebuilding is slower than expected. After disturbing the rat family from hell after taking a shed down, Ive used poison twice, tried smoking them out, burning them out and drowning them out and still a few of the buggers are around. I’ve now shot 3 of them with a borrowed air rifle and put a spade through another two. Anything else in the garden I would throughly enjoyed having, except rats. 

Gone for wood instead of composite as putting in electrical leads and lights in a wooden decking is much easier than composite decks - its still a pain in the backside job though, but will score on the brownie points side when completed. 

15 year warranty on wood also sounded good. 

Show us ya Decks. 🍻☀️😀

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Are you going to then?

When finished. About a week I recon.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Ha, just finished one

6706F61E-393F-4037-A43E-E5871BB3BA4C.jpeg

• Like 1

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

Was just about to post a pic.  Glad I reread the title with my glasses on.

• Haha 2

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

Were you reading it with an Australian accent. Coz my deck is massive that’s only half of it. 😂

reminds me of the red dwarf “double Polaroid”

1 hour ago, Sparky said:

Was just about to post a pic.  Glad I reread the title with my glasses on.

....and just the thought of getting splinters in that 🥴

I have sets of decking and will never have it again. It's a pain to look after and in the winter it turns into a skating rink.

Would have seen that as an unexpected bonus, meself.

Margate Exotics.

The delivery guy who went base over apex would not agree. He was warned and not hurt. Good job he could not see me laughing.😂

• Like 1

Decking under construction in 2010, I can't find any of it when it was finished and looking good. It is a pain to upkeep and is currently being wire brushed before trying another new product to look after it, nothing so far has worked as advertised. 

cheers

-Chris

15082010380.thumb.jpg.2901f04f6cf0d74d019f05e36e837e37.jpg

15082010382.thumb.jpg.3c7e99df856d251cb8210a176468421a.jpg

22082010384.thumb.jpg.cc3cf8fac30be7b2e526f7019e2f7552.jpg

• Like 1

Wouldn’t have it outside the house. Ours is at the bottom of the garden. Will only be used in summer/dry. Used it that way before without issue. 

58 minutes ago, clivef38 said:

I have sets of decking and will never have it again. It's a pain to look after and in the winter it turns into a skating rink.

My near neighbour's decking has provided me with very good kindling for the last several years and several more to come for this very reason.  The same guy also ripped up his pattern imprinted concrete drive for the same reason! 

1 hour ago, clivef38 said:

You are 100% right re pain to look after and also a skating rink in Winter. 

Good wood comes treated and shouldn’t need to be looked after for a number of years. Saying that, once you start to treat it, it then becomes a yearly chore and has to be done. No real need to tread on it/step on it in the Winter - Beers outdoors is a Summer Sport 🍻😜

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

Has anyone got or tried the composite decking that’s on the market these days? I looked at some last year, but felt it was too expensive for what it was. Prices have come down, though.

Margate Exotics.

I was in The Minnis last weekend, I think their entire frontage is composite decking. Looked very good! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

I considered it at the time and it was priced similarly to the hardwood nearly 10 years ago, I dismissed it then because it just didn't seem right, a decking should be made of wood.

However 10 years on I expect it would still look almost like new and wouldn't have needed sanding and treating in the meantime, I wish I had used it now.

cheers

-Chris

• Like 1

I put this deck  in 3 years ago. The gazebo went over it last year and makes it really usable late into the evening from about May until late September time.   Infact last year we slept out in it a couple of nights.     The main advantage of the composite I wanted was  zero maintenance and perfectly safe and nonslip any time of the year.  I think it was the B & Q composite.  The gazebo curtains can be all mesh or all solid all round.

DSC_0024.JPG

• Like 2

So, no cleaning or scrubbing Malcolm? Looks very good, that.

Margate Exotics.

We had it  2 years out in the open before the gazebo went up and even in the winter with ice about you could walk on it with confidence as its got  a fairly textured surface.   Apart from wash the odd bird droppings off it ive done no maintenance to it at all.