free hit
counters
Instrument lights - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Next job, red LEDs in the dash as instrumentation lights. Mine are dim, and bloody hot when they have been on for only a few seconds!!

Normal W5W bulbs are used with a green sleeve to give them colour. There are 6 on the V8 dash (two each for speedo and rev, one for fuel gauge one for water temp,)and I've ordered green, red and white to see which I prefer. £1 for 10 red from Hong Kong-how they make a profit on that I do not know!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
56 minutes ago, LotuStuart said:

£1 for 10 red from Hong Kong-how they make a profit on that I do not know!

By making them from crap? :rofl:

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

on a slightly different but related note.  How does the leather surround come away giving access to the lights, etc

TIA

chris

22 minutes ago, LotusFella said:

on a slightly different but related note.  How does the leather surround come away giving access to the lights, etc

TIA

chris

Two hex bolts under the cover, and lift it towards you. 

The lights pull out of the back of the instruments.

I know the GT3 dash lights are not dimmable, and maybe the V8 with the later dash is the same?

Anyway, if you’re planning on making them dimmable, I’m pretty sure @swindon_alan posted up something about that a while back.

Margate Exotics.

The V8 lights (later version) are dimmable - I know this because I pulled the dash apart to try and find why I had no dash lights. A few days later I found the dimmer knob by accident - Doh!

Didn't even think to ask for advice on here. Lesson learnt.

On my V8, the centre console lights are dimmable using (15/16), but the instrument lights were not. So putting in LED's hasn't changed that. 

It looks much better all lit up!  It's red at the moment, same as my stereo. I could go back to green when they arrive to see what I think. I also have white, but they are a bit brutal.

9 hours ago, Andrew C said:

What is the part number for the main light switch and where can we get one

Have a look on Ebay - I am pretty sure they are Peugeot 205 (GTi?) buttons, @swindon_alan will know better I am sure.

Morning I have bought  a fog light switch from 205 but no good for main lights.Although it works lights on lights pop up when switched off lights do not drop back down.