free hit
counters
Novice Looking for advice - Page 3 - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Novice Looking for advice

Found the following exige that has had the conversion so you can put a soft top on it, I thought they were produced later than 2005 but there you go, does anyone know what the bit that says on the side of the car something 'by bell and collville' means? Thanks

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Exige-S2-Touring-1-8L-NA-Hard-top-and-Soft-top/173927150666?hash=item287eddb44a:g:r5MAAOSwAUJc-99F

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Paul,   what Neil says is spot on mate, you need to narrow your search then go and have a look, once you got that nailed there are plenty of meets and people on here will help and personally

Yes @pete and while you're there ask them where the engine was in the Elite and Eclat 😂

No headlights

Posted Images

Apologies for my enquires/questions coming across as somewhat vacuous or trivial, I am learning somethings, it's just alot of different things to take in as there are so many choices with regards to design/spec etc 

Bell & Colvill are a Lotus dealer, so the badging probably just means they originally supplied it. The car looks like a (very nice) standard example.

I think the S2 Exige was introduced in 2004 with a Supercharged version available from 2006. Soft top conversion is available for all S2 and S3 (V6) Exiges.

Hi Shane. There is also our Classifieds. The link is at the top of the page. I am not sure of the numbers of models or options etc of any cars on there. 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

OK thanks, am I missing something with regards to the following elise? only 18000 miles, apparently easy to turn into car that can be used on the road so why would it be advertised for such a seemingly low price yet no one has bought? is it because the perception is that it has been hammered so the components of the car are effectively much older than 18000 miles or would it be other reasons? it just seems cheap to my uninitiated, uneducated eye.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Elise-S2-1-8cc-2002-Trackcar-Project-HPI-Clear-stunning-LAMBO-ORANGE/283517693011?hash=item4202f8ac53:g:XikAAOSwB5NckytX

It is a project,hasn't run for several years,has been resprayed in non standard colour,doesn't appear to have a soft top.

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Tiger stripes 

@shanew48 just saying all this is easily searchable, we are a very friendly bunch and we like gin and beer but there is the internet to look this stuff up. www...........

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I quite like these 1.8 cup 250 model (link below) as it seems that they come with side, front and back splitters and spoiler as standard the only thing is you see the Great Britain flags at each end of the spoiler, does anyone know if they can be removed and it would just be plain black underneath? then obviously I could stick them back on if and when I ever was selling the car on or are they put on in such a way that they cant be removed? any feedback much appreciated. Thanks

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/elise-s2/lotus-elise-1-8-cup-250-2dr/9915206

52 minutes ago, Neal H said:

That’s some serious budget creep from your original post!

they’re just stickers so you can peel them off. Doubt you could stick them back on afterwards though.

Hi, Ok thanks for confirming. Iv'e narrowed my search down to an exige or an club racer 1.6L or the 1.8L Cup 250 model so at least I know exactly what I'm looking for now.