free hit
counters
Grand Tour Part II - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Off to the Alps tomorrow, Hull, Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Italy....

Roof removed, car prepped soft top fitted and two essential extras put into the bag, just in case 🤔😂👍

why cant I insert an image?? Says insert from URL??

Edited by Mark030358
  • Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well looks like I failed to pay my forum fees 🤔 .... anyway all fixed now... so continuing on with some pics..  

And some more... Gardena route blocked avalanche threat... massive detour.. some nice pics...

Arrived home today via the Rotterdam/Hull ferry. All in all great trip, Gross Glockner at around 2571 metres just shaded the Dolomites. Have to think of somewhere for next year.... any suggestions??

Posted Images

dont kow on the image but get that sorted so you can update us with pics as you go👍  sounds fun...  

It says in the handbook -

"The soft top is only designed to operate up to 150mph (241kmh): Therefore Exige 350 Sport Roadster models are limited to a top speed of 145mph (233kmh)"

It follows with the usual warning that death may occur.

6 hours ago, RRSSS said:

Enjoy! just out of interest, what’s the top speed allowed with the soft top on?

Ignore the handbook - keep your foot in until it starts to lift off a little...  About 140mph IIRC

I don't know about anyone else, but I really don't think that green is bright enough!

Have fun. :driving:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

After an 8 hr drive from Rotterdam arrived north Switzerland... aren’t the German Autobahns ace... and pretty good drivers too if I say so. When your caning it people just move. And to answer with soft top on took it to around 140 and no worries, noises tho...

Anyway, today has been much better, Satteleg;ass,. Ibergeregg pass and finished on the Klausen Pass (the bit that was open). Place is just beautiful..... Some pics but not @GFWilliams quaility 😳...

Tomorrow, SAN Bernardino and. Few others...

Hotel owner tells mr six loti owners stayed here, hotel la cruna on the Oberalp Pass.. anyone on here?

cheers

BFF82639-7272-4FA0-9649-930D4F2A48E9.jpeg

7E83328D-A0F7-4716-ADB1-35C8FFAF2DD3.jpeg

F09C01A3-3D4C-4DEE-93CA-FBE197BE452F.jpeg

Most important thing today... Sun Tan Cream!

Oberalp pass, SAN Bernardino Pass, Juliet Pass, Bernini Pass, stunning all of them. But from the Oberalp Pass took a route via Disentis, Medel, Blenio across to the San Bernardino was brilliant.... If anyone want any maps happy to share.

Cars getting leggy now, 6000 miles on her 😆😆😆😆

I’ll post a video or too if @bibs will tell me how, asI can only load 8mb.

By the way, the best sounding car here is a 460 with tubular kit and a standard 380 box... AWESOME!!!!

cheers

AD3F6710-AD0D-43D1-AE03-852DE8AAFB12.jpeg

B80F7DB5-462B-418C-B3BB-E2E5F6E81ECF.jpeg

F53E77D4-8621-41FA-971C-364277C749C6.jpeg

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

I’ll post a video or too if @bibs will tell me how, asI can only load 8mb.

Your best bet might be to upload it to YouTube (or equivalent) and then link to it on here. 

Wow!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
On 04/06/2019 at 00:24, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

Did you try any Dutch food?

I miss fresh Stroopwafels :( so hot you burn your tongue but you still bite for more...

But you can buy them anywhere in the UK. Even take a packet to work to sit on top of your steaming coffee mug.....

pictures look fab, the Kwakker green really suits the car....

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

You were definitively too early. BEst time for the Alps is from mid June onwards. Especially after a winter with as much snow as this year.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Today did the Grob Glockner... This place was amazing... The more you derive the better the place seems to get...

Ill try and make the pictures smaller so I can upload more..

77BCDFE9-5EAC-45B5-8937-F3506116C1BA.jpeg

8ABD2283-AE0E-46F2-8467-027CDE0BEC1B.jpeg

• 1 month later...