free hit
counters
Please help me stop the squeaking!!! 😫🔫 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
mark248am

Please help me stop the squeaking!!! 😫🔫

This started a couple of months back but has now gotten worse. It's basically squeaking the whole time now when I'm driving. I'm guessing some screw loosened up? Can anyone help me out, pleeeeaaassssseeeeeeeeee before I drive myself into the ocean!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

They’re quite easy panels to remove. I suggest removing the section which has the traction control buttons (two Phillips screws at the bottom of it in the cubby hole), then behind it there are two screws which hold that trim section in place. Check to see if they’re tight. If they are tight, pull up the rubber in the bottom of the cubby hole bit and you’ll see two more screws. Remove this and you can get the whole bit of trim off easily.   Remove and refit, see if it helps.  If it doesn’t fix it, buy some foam tape and put it in the gaps of the offending areas. Hopefully this helps!

go and get yourself a can of gt86 silicon spray from halfrauds for a fiver, using the straw in the jooints, be carfefull not to get any on the alcantara...  problem solved..

what your hearing is plastic to plastic, the spray lets it slide so no noise

Squeakwise I suffered exactly the same fate with my Sport 350 from 2017 - meanwhile that horrible noise was removed by KomoTec - it was so annoying that at that time I seriously considered to sell the car, unbearable.

I don't know what KomoTec did, but - as for me - that squeak is gone for good.

To deliver a car in 2019 in that price range with disturbing noise like that is simply inexcusable, an infamy.

Hopefully Geely will sort that out.

16 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

They’re quite easy panels to remove. I suggest removing the section which has the traction control buttons (two Phillips screws at the bottom of it in the cubby hole), then behind it there are two screws which hold that trim section in place. Check to see if they’re tight. If they are tight, pull up the rubber in the bottom of the cubby hole bit and you’ll see two more screws. Remove this and you can get the whole bit of trim off easily.   Remove and refit, see if it helps.  If it doesn’t fix it, buy some foam tape and put it in the gaps of the offending areas. Hopefully this helps!

Thanks will do that today, if it doesn't work I have an appointment at the dealer soon to swap out my brake pads, will have them take a look at this while there