free hit
counters
pre 85 s3 front brake line/hose routing - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Mark Wainwright

pre 85 s3 front brake line/hose routing

Hi all,
Does anyone have a pic/diagram of the brake hose/pipe routing and where the small brackets go on the early S3. its just the bit from the flexible line to caliper I`m not sure about.  i have one small metal bracket rusted to the old flexible pipe (and i seem to have lost the other) so not sure how the whole thing routes around the coil springs.

cheers,

Mark 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Does this help? The flexible line attaches to a little bracket which is held under the caliper bolt. The flexible hose then just goes in front of the coil spring. :)

286963118_frontbrake_crop.png.f07597307d3c591232299a2a3548ac9b.png

front bralk calliper bleed nipple and upper mounting bolt detai (2).JPG

• Like 1

It's getting there......

if you are replacing the short solid line good luck, its a BITA to bend up!

@TAR  hey, i dont suppose you also have a shot of how the brake pads are retained in the caliper? ie, the two pins and whatever anti rattle clips/shims are in there?   i cant find the right kit.  mine has wire anti rattle clips and they don`t seem to fit right.

Heres a pic of mine from my suspension rebuild last year, i got new link pipes from sj and they didnt fit and had to roll them around a socket till they lined up.

IMG_3949.thumb.JPG.00bdd0267d0741017eac7dd1417abebc.JPG

• Like 2

Thanks for that Chris, i have the same pipes from SJ and was wondering what I was doing wrong...near side fit fine, but not the OS

i do have a small guage pipe bender, but the socket idea is probably going to be more useful.

This is the only image I have.The pins sit over the tangs on the retainer

.1111184462_frontcalliperandpads.png.eb3b4950a914c8c76f515a1533949a8f.png

1370503009_FrontCalliper1_crop.jpg.fa4ec6fb2ec8da86e42f73ea7bddae52.jpg

:)

It's getting there......

cool, thats good! except i`m not sure what kit it is.. the retainer looks like the one i got for a chevette, but i cant be sure the clips are the same size.. the gt6 kit which i used the pins from has totally different clips that i couldnt figure out..    but this image is great to see what i should be looking for.   cheers again!