free hit
counters
Wheeler dealers esprit on Quest+1 now 7pm - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
LotusFella

Wheeler dealers esprit on Quest+1 now 7pm

Wonder if it’s still in Gibraltar?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Believe it’s back in the uk. Sure I remember it being on eBay a couple of years ago in a sorry state

• Like 1

Only here once

If you saw the way they "restored" the body of the lotus elan, I am not surprised if their cars turn up in a sorry state.. read the same story about a Jensen on the owners forum... turns up a couple of years later needing new metal..

• Sad 1

And if anyone else feels inspired to rip out their interior 'cos Ed did it in a morning with no more sustenance than a cup of tea and some biscuits, think again.

• Like 2

Couple of hours with a 13mm spanner and a Phillips screwdriver, job done 🙂

• Like 2

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

I always marvel at how they take 50 man hours to tart up a car, and make £200 profit.

£4/hour?? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As an aside, after a few years off the road, the Silver Turbo at the beginning should be back on the road by next week! 😜

As to the content in any episode - take with a *huge* pinch of salt!  :)

Iain

"... the Lotus Turbo (Esprit) owner will not only be comfortable in fast company, but will find, more often than not, that he has no company at all!" Road and Track magazine

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' Featured in Classic and Sportscar Aug 2008 and Wheeler Dealers.

1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 221,000 miles and counting!

The thing is though,  they actually work like traders,   throw some money at an old car to get it back into working condtion without doing a full restoration.  The downside is that doing a car so quickly by cutting corners will always produce cars that in a few years will require lots of work again.

I love the show, more so when Ed China was in it,   Car S.O.S is anther great show, but they go a lot deeper into the restoration side of things with full bare metal resprays and engine rebuilds etc :)

A

39 minutes ago, silverfrost said:

I love the show, more so when Ed China was in it,   Car S.O.S is anther great show, but they go a lot deeper into the restoration side of things with full bare metal resprays and engine rebuilds etc :)

I enjoyed show with Ed China but actually prefering it now with Ant Antstead. 😈

• Like 1

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

On 06/07/2019 at 12:18, jonwat said:

I enjoyed show with Ed China but actually prefering it now with Ant Antstead. 😈

Are the Ant Anstead shows on Quest yet?