free hit
counters
Holiday Shoe wear - Water Shoes - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Holiday Shoe wear - Water Shoes

I am brutally aware how many fake reviews are on Amazon so looking for personal recommendations.

We are off to Cyprus next month and the beach is classed as "Rocky". Until you get out a certain distance even the water has man made reefs and boulders in it. 

They recommend "Water shoes" or "Aqua Shoes"for beach and swimming. I know what they mean, they look like the sort of shoes you wear to do watersports/Canoeing etc made from wetsuit kind of material.

Anyone have any recommendations? We bought some slip on ones before but they kept coming off in the water so not sure about them!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you sure someone from Norfolk can wear these  Sorry @Kimbers, just couldn't resist

You wouldn't catch us Somerset blokes wearing poncey shoes for walking on rocks, ar feets hard as nails from bare foot vegetable picking. You Norfolk lot have gotten soft since the invasion of MV

Posted Images

I have a pair of FiveFingers water shoes, they look at bit weird with each toe having it's own space, but once they're on they're surprisingly comfortable and provide good protection from sharp rocks.  They are definitely a shoe you'd want to try on before committing, or have an easy return policy if buying online, as I'm sure they won't suit everyone, especially if webbed toes are an issue!

I've wondered what they'd be like to drive in, I might need to give that a go when I know I'm not going to be getting out and walking around, which would get a few weird looks (well, a few more than usual anyway!).

My wife has been using the Vibram finger shoes for walking/running for a number of years now - she hasn't used them for the water though.

I'm keen on Merrell - https://www.merrell.com/UK/en_GB/mens-water-shoes/

I've uses the "strap" shoes for the water, but they aren't great as the water resistance tries to take them off your feet.

I've now used the All Out Blaze Sieve for the last couple of years, swimming in rivers, on the beach and on dry land as well. Can be a pain when a small pebble gets in. I also drive both Lotus in them - although thinking about it, I've also driven the Esprit in the strap shoes as well.

She isn't worried about the weird looks. You should see her bicycle for weird - like the one below.

35ff964b655b6bb3fe517cd353a4b58a--ellipt

• Like 1

Hmm I looked at your Blaze Sieve but they are not what I am looking for. I want something more like these. But there are so many, and like I said, last year we bought cheap ones and they were rubbish.

Image result for aqua water shoes

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

And I knew someone would go and spoil the basted thread!! :P

I used a pair of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PLDN1ZW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 on a recent trip to Croatia.  Build quality was god for the price and a bit better then what the high street offered (Sports Direct, Millets and other outdoors shops).

If you're not going to use them frequently then I think they're good for the money, otherwise maybe spend a bit more on a fancier pair that might be a bit harder wearing.  The elastic was a tiny bit loose for me and in tricky situations could slip off but for light usage ie just walking about on the beach gentle swim in the sea they were fine for me.   But I think that all depends on the fit as they are held on with elastic.  There are some versions form the same seller with velcro straps that should stay on a lit firmer.  

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, KennyN said:

I have a pair of FiveFingers water shoes, they look at bit weird with each toe having it's own space,

Are you sure someone from Norfolk can wear these :hrhr:

Sorry @Kimbers, just couldn't resist

• Haha 2

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

You wouldn't catch us Somerset blokes wearing poncey shoes for walking on rocks, ar feets hard as nails from bare foot vegetable picking.

You Norfolk lot have gotten soft since the invasion of MVPs (migrant vegetable pickers)...when was the last time you dug out a turnip and kicked it into the barrow with yer bare foot, you got no one to blame but yerself if yer losing yer 6th toe. 

• Haha 2