free hit
counters
Help, picture of your seat required - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bruss

Help, picture of your seat required

Can someone with a 400 series car take a picture of their seats showing the gap between the seat edge and centre tunnel. Also the gap between seat edge and doorside cill. Even better if you have the cf sports seats.

Ta muchely

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The car is in the garage at home, but I'm happy to take a couple tonight for you if that helps.

Standard Sparco type seats on mine though.

Edited by Simon Bateman

4 minutes ago, Simon Bateman said:

The car is in the garage at home, but I'm happy to take a couple tonight for you if that help.

Standard Sparco type seats on mine though.

Thanks Simon. I now have a picture of the standard Sparco.  If anyone can help out with a pic of the cf seats that'd be the icing on the cake.  

3 minutes ago, Bruss said:

Thanks Simon. I now have a picture of the standard Sparco.  If anyone can help out with a pic of the cf seats that'd be the icing on the cake.  

Sorry Bruss, are you saying you no longer need me to take some pics or are you saying in addition to my pics, you still want some of the CF seats?

1 hour ago, Simon Bateman said:

Sorry Bruss, are you saying you no longer need me to take some pics or are you saying in addition to my pics, you still want some of the CF seats?

No longer need the standard Sparco's, so no pics of yours but thanks.

Just the cf seats needed now.

I'm fitting a set of 400 cf seats in my S1 and need to make some new fixings. I just wanted to compare seating positions between my S1 and the 400 series as the brackets are different widths. It'd be a pain to make new fixings and then find they're 10 mm out.

6 minutes ago, Bruss said:

I'm fitting a set of 400 cf seats in my S1 and need to make some new fixings. I just wanted to compare seating positions between my S1 and the 400 series as the brackets are different widths. It'd be a pain to make new fixings and then find their 10 mm out.

No problem.  If you need any other info then let me know.  Good luck with your mods.

I love the gold wheels with that body colour. 👍

Wonder how they'd look on my blue car? 🤔

32 minutes ago, Spinney said:

I love the gold wheels with that body colour. 👍

Wonder how they'd look on my blue car? 🤔

Thanks. Blue and gold look good on the Mitsubishi.

42 minutes ago, Colin P said:

Here you go

31C3829B-E562-4568-8F49-A19B590A52F6.jpeg

You’re ‘avin’ a giraffe guvnor! 🙈

Wheels in ‘Jewish Racing Gold’ could work with the blue though, I reckon. 😊

22 minutes ago, Bruss said:

lol. Take no notice. It'll look more like this

th4OH3T18D.jpg

Hmmm, maybe a little garish, but getting better. 😉

• Haha 1

On 12/06/2019 at 03:18, Bruss said:

I'm fitting a set of 400 cf seats in my S1 and need to make some new fixings. I just wanted to compare seating positions between my S1 and the 400 series as the brackets are different widths. It'd be a pain to make new fixings and then find they're 10 mm out.

Hello

Do you have the part number for the brackets/fixings etc?I think i will do this to my s1 too...

Thanks

4 hours ago, phenoyz said:

Hello

Do you have the part number for the brackets/fixings etc?I think i will do this to my s1 too...

Thanks

In the end I used 2 original mountings and drilled new positions for the other 2 mounting points. You then need to move the existing threaded backing plates to align with the new holes. The rear one is straightforward, just slide it in to place. The front one is a tad more difficult. There is a keeper riveted Inside of the ally box section that holds the nut in place. You need to drill out the rivet, and let the keeper drop, drill your new holes, and then move the keeper box to the new position and rivet back in place.  The 400 seat runners then need to have a new hole drilled at one end. To spread the load in the runner section I then made up a rectangular 'washer' from some 3mm ally bar. 

Hope that is clear ish. 

• Thanks 1

My blue/white V6 had gold wheels. Looked spot on...

20160515_145257.jpg

1 hour ago, Gashead1105 said:

My blue/white V6 had gold wheels. Looked spot on...

20160515_145257.jpg

Ooh that is tempting. 😍 It’s even got red calipers like my car.

Apologies for the diversion Bruss. 

Just a quick thumbs up to Jon seal, Brackets arrived today and are very professionally made. complete with cut outs for added lightness.  Excellent work. 

20190619_134616.jpg