free hit
counters
Driveshaft service question - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Gis

Driveshaft service question

The rubber boots on my driveshaft are brittle and on their last leg. They need replacing. New ones are on the way. The plan now is to put the rear up on the ramps, crawl under and get both of the driveshafts out. Access is fairly good. Once the bolts are out on both the outboard and disc sides, will the driveshaft assy come out clean or is there any clearance issue with the wheels still being loaded? Any difficulties to anticipate on removal? 

Ad initium

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

No clearance issues; they will come out without any further dismantling.  Clean the bolt heads thoroughly and tap the bit into each one.  They're quite tight and slippage could be problematic!

• Like 1

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

5 minutes ago, Sparky said:

No clearance issues; they will come out without any further dismantling.  Clean the bolt heads thoroughly and tap the bit into each one.  They're quite tight and slippage could be problematic!

Perfect. Thanks Gary!

Ad initium

if it's the same setup as an S3 you will have to push the shafts out of the roller centre. I tried hammering mine out but eventually gave up and used a press. Also again if its the same as an S3 check which way the roller centre goes as its not symmetrical. 

• Like 1