free hit
counters
Noise and Speed cameras coming - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Noise and Speed cameras coming

Looks like UK will be bring these combined camera / sound senescing devices into certain trial areas in country ?

whilst there’s a load of cars motorbikes that have stupid exhaust or lack of I would have thought bigger priority was vehicles which belch out smoke was better use of public money ?   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m going to stand next to one and shout in the microphone every time a car goes by I don’t like.

I'm sure most buses are noisier than cars! Can't see this being practical to implement.

To save money on huge new infrastructure costs, tackling this new crimewave sweeping the country will be the responsibility of an elite new Government department called the Noise Police. Recruits will

I'm sure most buses are noisier than cars! Can't see this being practical to implement.

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

I saw this from the RAC. Being justified under cars being modified to be noisy. Was wondering what an Evora 400 at full chat would register?  Could bring a load of financial liability claims against Lotus if they trigger fines. 

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

I am not sure how accurate the technology could be ? The article talks about its use in Canada and a few other countries but as noise is a measurement that can influence by background factors it’s not clear how accurate such a device would really be in real world ? 

Theres an assumption on the device that speed = noise which when we hear those farty scooters which sound awful but are going at 15mph would these camera work independently ? 

I guess in the future world of silent electric cars noise levels of the traditionalist will be frowned upon ?

• Gold FFM

The valve on my Evora's 2bular exhaust is stuck in the open position, and it's also running a CAI, so I guess I'll be going down for life without parole, :rolleyes: .

So how are they going to distinguish between which car is making the noise?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

I must add as part of my job I have had to use noise measurement equipment to investigate noise nuisance compliant 

the reading were erratic and never fully conclusive also the noise of the compliant was subjective 

when you try to use it as a definitive measure in terms of absolute breech in case of specifics level exceeded the tech has to be spot on with a small margin of error ? Not sure if they can get that right like others have said how to exclude other background factors to pinpoint an individual car is huge task to get correct! 

Much better to bring back teams that’s pull over random or targeted vehicles on the roadside to carry out checks of noise , emissions , documents , tachometer etc 

however this is labour intensive and will lack the central government funding

To save money on huge new infrastructure costs, tackling this new crimewave sweeping the country will be the responsibility of an elite new Government department called the Noise Police. Recruits will receive expert audio training to enable them to tell the difference between standard and after-market induction and exhaust systems. These gifted individuals will then each be issued with a Hi-Viz jacket and a cassette recorder and told to stand next to speed cameras in known hot-spot areas of high Daily Mail circulation. It will be entirely self-funding on a commission-only no appeal basis.

• Haha 1