free hit
counters
PURCHASED MY 1ST ELISE!!! - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Dr.Chachi

PURCHASED MY 1ST ELISE!!!

Recommended Posts

Hey Guys I just purchased my first Lotus!! Hard to believe it still. Transaction went through now I need to get the car shipped to me across the country. Can anyone recommend a shipping company that isn't a broker and is decent? I want to get the car before the month ends or just after. 

Thanks 

Chris 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Oooo. The fun will begin shortly. Saw your other topic about your S2000. I think you are going to leap to a whole new level of vehicle dynamics.

Can't wait for the pictures. :driving:


All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dr.Chachi said:

Hey Guys I just purchased my first Lotus!! Hard to believe it still. Transaction went through now I need to get the car shipped to me across the country. Can anyone recommend a shipping company that isn't a broker and is decent? I want to get the car before the month ends or just after. 

Thanks 

Chris 

Chris, maybe take a plane and drive the car? 

I hear lot's of mixed stories about people transporting vehicles. Take a good look at reviews from companies before signing one.

You don't want damage on your new toy from transporting it :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ramjet said:

Oooo. The fun will begin shortly. Saw your other topic about your S2000. I think you are going to leap to a whole new level of vehicle dynamics.

Can't wait for the pictures. :driving:

Yeah I was enamored by the s2k and everyone has been telling me the lotus is going to be even better. I can't wait for this! 

4 hours ago, Petrolgeneration said:

Chris, maybe take a plane and drive the car? 

I hear lot's of mixed stories about people transporting vehicles. Take a good look at reviews from companies before signing one.

You don't want damage on your new toy from transporting it :)

I was thinking about that but I don't really wanna rack up 1300 miles on it right off. But ill definitely consider it if the shipping looks to risky

 

7 hours ago, Neal H said:

Good call - congratulations :)

 

Thanks man!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Car is scheduled for delivery. Pick up is next week and Ill have it the following week. Ill update this and let you guys know how the shipping went and who I used. Also how the car is once I receive it. This waiting period is brutal LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: I booked with the most reputable broker for car shipping on google based off of BBB and reviews. They have promised me they will be able to get the car shipped by the date I need with the window of pick-up being tomorrow, I have yet to hear back from them with a confirmed driver. Im getting a bit nervous with this entire process now. If I do not hear back in the next day or 2 I will most likely cancel and book a plane ticket and drive it the 1400 miles home. I really didn't want to put 1400 miles on the car immediately or sit in a car for 23 hours straight but I may have to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't worry to much. My experience of shipping agencies is that they do it daily so it’s not a big deal to them. To you it means everything right now. I have always found communication poor with any shipper I have used. Ps congratulations... wonderful car 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is going to be a fun thread after the first drive.

  • Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stuart Monument said:

I wouldn't worry to much. My experience of shipping agencies is that they do it daily so it’s not a big deal to them. To you it means everything right now. I have always found communication poor with any shipper I have used. Ps congratulations... wonderful car 

Thanks man. Yeah your right I'm more emotionally invested in this so its worrying me whereas they are just doing their daily job. Ill post pix of the car once I get it. Still super excited. 

1 hour ago, ramjet said:

This is going to be a fun thread after the first drive.

I can't wait... Ill keep updating you guys and post pix as soon as I get it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think 1400 miles of InterState Highway will be the ideal introduction to Elise ownership :)

Hopefully your shipper comes through 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys. Car is inside the trailer they just picked it up it's safely nestled away inside the trailer on its way to Florida. Ill keep you updated and send pics as soon as I get it. I am relieved I don't have to drive the car 1,400 miles home. 

Has anyone done the ECU flash? I read its about 5hp from BOE and costs just under a grand. Does anyone have it and do they think the money warrants the difference in power? Thanks

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5hp won't do much but you should ask if they can provide a torque curve on a remap they did. I've seen some very impressive increases in torque and also earlier power on lower rpm's with pretty basic flashes on the 1,8 SC engines. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is it there with you yet @Dr.Chachi?


All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huh not yet it gets delivered today at noon so like 10 hours from now. Its 2:30am I can't freaking sleep because I am too damn excited. But the worst part is I am out of town and wont return home until 4th of July. I am having my folks take delivery for me and keep it in the garage. Once the plane lands on the 4th ill be shooting right over to get it immediately. I feel like I'm 13 again on xmas morning its great haha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/06/2019 at 10:04, Petrolgeneration said:

5hp won't do much but you should ask if they can provide a torque curve on a remap they did. I've seen some very impressive increases in torque and also earlier power on lower rpm's with pretty basic flashes on the 1,8 SC engines. 

The torque difference was 11ft lbs. Idk If the power increase is worth the cost. Ill keep searching the forum and see if anyone reviewed it. God the suspense of just getting the car is driving me insane. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr.Chachi said:

Huh not yet it gets delivered today at noon so like 10 hours from now. Its 2:30am I can't freaking sleep because I am too damn excited. But the worst part is I am out of town and wont return home until 4th of July. I am having my folks take delivery for me and keep it in the garage. Once the plane lands on the 4th ill be shooting right over to get it immediately. I feel like I'm 13 again on xmas morning its great haha. 

Oooo! That's gotta smart!

2:30am. Kudos. A right keen driver-to-be.


All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:hrhr:


All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...