free hit
counters
PURCHASED MY 1ST ELISE!!! - Page 2 - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

PURCHASED MY 1ST ELISE!!!

Dr.Chachi

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Dr.Chachi said:

I went thru a tank of gas in a day.

I did a tank of 'gas' in 85 minutes once on the autobahn. Not a Lotus, mind.

You have been tango'd. Great colour, great car.

Justin

Yeah this was my absolute favorite color. My second is that highlighter green color. I don't know how to turn on the lights yet I was driving all night with no dash lights LOL... I just starting driving and couldn't stop. I have to look in the trunk and figure out how the hell everything on here works. Does the car come stock with JL audio speakers because I have all JL audio although my deck is that Blaupunkt. Ive read the stereo sucks but mines good. The car doesn't creek or rattle nearly as bad as the old civic I used to drive and the stick is smooth not as smooth as my S2k was but its surprisingly easy to drive. I will say getting in and out is a bitch and way more difficult than I could have imagined and I am in good physical shape. I was gonna buy a beater to drive for work and stuff but I never wanna get out of the lotus so I might just save my money.  I LOVE THIS CAR!!

• Like 2

Installed the Pioneer deck and my JL Audio speakers came to life. The sound system sounds incredible now. Its 10x better than the stock Blaupunkt I never would have thought a new deck could make such a difference but its night and day. I am taking the Lotus next week to a race shop local that deals with Lotus and see what engine mods I can do.  Is it wrong to love a car more than you're gf?? 

haha.Yep ur right. I took it to the local Lotus race shop and got a list of upgrades I am going to do. The list is long and involved the shop here works only on Lotus and McLaren. Im going to do this progressively because I don't want to be without the car too long since I'm addicted to driving it. I said f*** it n never bought a beater I just drive the Elise all over the place its to much fun to save for weekends its my daily and now that I have it I want an Evora too. I love this Lotus brand its so unique and different. U see so many vetts and mustangs and even Ferrari and McLaren here but I have never seen a Lotus ever I really like the rarity of it. Im sure u guys all feel the same. Once I start updating the car with the new custom stuff ill add pix so u can see the progress. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hey guys I have an update and some questions. I recently got some DBA slotted rotors with AP pads, a new K&N filter system, the hard top relined, Ngkr spark plugs and all fluids changed. I am planning on doing the turbo in a few months with new suspension and wheels & tires. My question is where can I get replacement OEM parts such as front head light covers or the entire housing? I currently have Elise sport floor mats which I would like to replace since they are slightly worn? Some display buttons on the dash are slightly worn as well which I would like to replace.  Ive been online searching and it seems like there is nothing available for these cars. Is there a place most of you go for replacement OEM? 
Thanks in advance for any suggestions. 

Chris