free hit
counters
Gearbox problem - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Last trackday I had some trouble with my gearbox n my Exige V6. It a mechanical gearbox and my car has 15000km.

When I was full throttle in fifth gear in the straight line of Dijon,  around 5500-6000 rpm, my gear went out and it went on neutral.

When I realized what happened I put the fith gear again and it went out again... it only happened with the fifth and when I was full throttle.

I don't have any scratching noise or difficulty to put all the gears. When I came back by the highway, no problem with the fifth gear.

I don't have any idea of what happened... is it the gearbox linkage, or the gearbox oil (OEM oil for the moment), or is it the fifth "synchro"?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It doesn't sound like a synchro problem because you say it goes into gear without a problem. My first thought would be to check the cables for adjustment and make sure you are fully engaging 5th gear when you select it. I hope it turns out to be simple.