free hit
counters
Serious trouble V8 - Page 14 - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
MD355

Serious trouble V8

50 minutes ago, MD355 said:

it turned out to be the front hood that pushed against the right light not allowing it to go up all the way !!

All of a sudden? Strange, but it's good it's fixed now!

I hope it didn't ruin the paint!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

No damage to paint !! When the hood was unlatched/without safety engaged  the pop-up light both went up normally !!

As soon as I put the safety lock for the front trunk, apparently this would tighten / slightly move to hood down and to the front of the car and it would hinder the normal operation of the right light, which would pop half way.

Now all fixed !!

• Like 1

I wonder too... It happened March 2019, all of a sudden at low speed driving in 1st-2nd gear coming out of a roundabout, a little aggressive on the throttle... As soon as I heard the noise and resistance to rotate, I knew something was wrong and loaded the car to the service truck.. My mechanic say "who knows what the previous owner did to the car"... We could never really understand why it broke

Now that I installed LSD torsen differential, we believe loss of grip will be more progressive, as opposed to before where you would get sudden loss/regain grip due to open differential

CWP failures are often attributed to the backlash not being correctly set. Apparently mine was incorrect on the V8 when i broke mine and it was inspected for rebuild.

• Like 1

Only here once

I've already moved it Giniw. :) 

• Like 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

I was doing it when your post popped up.:)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

UPDATE : 1000 mile / 1600 km service

So today I took my car for the scheduled oil & oil filter change after the initial 1000 mile / 1600 km after the break in of the rebuilt engine.

Overall I am very impressed with my car. I followed my mechanic's instructions for breaking it in and it has paid off. The car performs amazingly and is very reliable. It starts every time immediately, cold or warm engine. It idles perfectly. No overheating. No misfires. And it pulls hard. I was jokingly saying that my Lotus has become a German car in terms of reliability !!!! (let's not jinx it !! )    🙂

URGENT HELP NEEDED :

I was having oil leaks from the adapters of the oil lines that run to the front of the car and from the RH adapter to the oil cooler.

So my mechanic was planning to change just the adapters and keep the oil lines. Today he called me and told me he wants to replace the oil lines running inside the tunnel of the car because they are in bad shape. He already removed the oil line that connects LH to RH oil cooler. Now he wants to replace the 2 long oil lines too.

How do you get access to remove those oil lines ???????

Many thanks !!

Edited by MD355

You have to take the shifter out, to cut several zip ties that are attached to them inside the tunnel. And be very careful with the fittings at the cooler themselves or you will be in the market for new coolers as well. Just did the job myself. The job itself is not that hard, just a PITA to do. 

Edited by tmusc
  • Like 1

Thanks guys !! I will tell my mechanic tomorrow so we can make my Esprit perfect !!!