free hit
counters
Serious trouble V8 - Page 9 - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
MD355

Serious trouble V8

5 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

I thought he had umm marked up the pulleys 🧐

I really do hope this all ends well for you

Yes, he had...

But once he started rotating the engine and the intermediate shaft pulleys came loose...

The timing got messed up !!

And today he admitted that he needs the factory timing kit for the V8 !!

So if the pulleys were not loose, we would have avoided this..

But as they say, everything happens for a reason... And this time I was lucky that the pulleys got loose right away and not later with catastrophic results!!!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Wow I never knew that tool kit existed 

Awesome price live and learn   

Edited by v8GTmac1
  • Like 1

Quick questions : When I receive the drill jig, how many millimeters should the drill be and how many mm the metal part that will be inserted ? Thanks

The jig has a guide hole that is drilled dia. 6.3mm.  I'm away from home, so cannot measure the width of the primary drive pulley's and washer.

You do have some space behind the assy. before impacting the oil seal sleeve but of course need to determine a depth measurement.

• Like 1

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

A little off subject...

While I am waiting for the PNM timing kit for the V8, I wanted to ask you about about the well known problem of the bulkhead plywood noise in the V8.

A while ago I posted this...

We made the cut with my mechanic, cut the bolt sleeves as shown and tried to tighten them for the noise to go away... but no luck...

FYI it is the same mechanic that is building my engine !! Please no heavy rock throwing... At least throw small rocks !! LOL

I suggest you study my post in the subject in that link. 

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.