free hit
counters
Alloy fuel tank - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

We have today replaced the heavy (17kgs) stainless steel OE fuel tank.

the new fuel tank utilises safety foam and is 6kgs lighter

for further information please contact Jim @ Alloy Racing Fabrications; 01636 822 708 or [email protected]

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
13 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Just put 6 litres less petrol in. Much easier.

Your obviously a more economical driver than us? With how the new tank is constructed (the ends were recessed on OE) it takes slightly more fuel.

14 hours ago, Bruss said:

Sounds nice. How long to fit it?

It took Central Lotus about an hour and a half/two hours to refit, they were doing some other jobs on ours at same time so unfortunately can’t be more exact.

the longest time was spent on refitting the interior, which had been removed for accessing the wiring connections and fuel pipes. Refitting the tank, (reconnecting) and under-trays was relatively easy/quick .

• Like 2

Darryl & Sue

Lotus Standard Labour Times quotes 4 hr for removal/replace  (Code 44.01.01-0). Shear panel to drop, then two support brackets, 4-bolts each and two hose and pump hose & power disconnect. 

I think if I went to this trouble I would go with a certified FuelSafe or ATI tank with bladder.  I would hate to die in a car crash fire then find that insurance denies coverage to family because of uncertified fuel tank.

9 hours ago, Julian73 said:

I think if I went to this trouble I would go with a certified FuelSafe or ATI tank with bladder.  I would hate to die in a car crash fire then find that insurance denies coverage to family because of uncertified fuel tank.

Yes...possibly why Americans are only able to purchase Evora 400,/410, no Elise, Exige or (as yet) Evora GT430.

not sure how, if you die in a road crash fire you know what the insurance company pays out for?

• Haha 1

Darryl & Sue