free hit
counters
Back in an Evora 400 and tried a 410 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Nathan Pitman

Back in an Evora 400 and tried a 410

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
12 minutes ago, Nathan Pitman said:

As much as I enjoyed the 400 auto that I drove today, I’m just not sure that black is the colour for me (photo attached). My old green Evora 400 was still on the forecourt today at B&C, albeit now sold. If it wasn’t I’d take it back in a heartbeat!

Ah but that red interior is just stunning, where you spend most of your time... IMHO ;) 

It was lush yes but then you get out, walk away and look back and your car just melts into all the other black/grey things. 

37C3E36D-4EF6-42EF-910B-43FCF2F34C1F.jpeg

Hmm I like to think classy without being too shouty :thumbsup: :lol: 

81667825-C745-4933-9072-56529BE19894.thumb.jpeg.ae545aab0db4c63278f4238c22d1c248.jpeg

• Like 2

Glad you got to try out the 2 cars today!  I adore my 400 (manual!) and understand completely why you would want another one!

I tried and tried and tried to go with a more interesting color than black but, at the end of the day, it looks somewhat subtle which is nice because this car already gets so much attention.  I do love colors like Ithaca Verde, though.    

Evora off PR37.jpg

+1 internets!  It is a very classy look to my eyes, too!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, internets said:

Hmm I like to think classy without being too shouty :thumbsup: :lol: 

Your old car or one you tried? Great photo. 

Yes indeed, miss her terribly but was tempted by the draw of an Elise cup and Jamie works his magic 😂 that man is dangerous with his calculator ;) 

00871406-5410-4347-9E4A-E62C92E4019D.thumb.jpeg.16600750627be2631c3f6fe4c0404348.jpeg

• Like 2

How are you finding the cup? Def a different animal but has its own appeal. If I could, I’d have both. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, internets said:

could easily have both in the garage.

In my head an Elise (tho probably S1 vintage) and Evora 410 with komotec 475 would be a nice combo.

3 hours ago, Champale said:

Ithaca Verde

Like this one...

• Like 2

Those standard 410 seats certainly divide opinion don't they. When I was trying out various options before speccing my Evora, I just hated the standard seats as they gave me severe backache in a very short time, so went with the Sparcos which, for me, are brilliant.

Good luck with finding the right car. As said, Jamie is very accommodating and a dangerous man to your wallet! If I could still easily get in and out of it, I'd have my old V6 Exige back in a heartbeat and have that alongside my Evora. Both great cars.👍

Nathan, @jonnyboy's brackets are what you needed in the 410 - they tilt the seat backwards and the fix the position issue you had as you can poush the seat forward for the legs but the recline of the back helps to not shorten the arm reach. However, I do understand why the carbon race seats do divide opinion. Personally, I love them, but if I wanted a super GT for 2k+ Euro road trips then the carbon backed Sparco's would be better, I can see that.

Whichever Evora you go for, I hope you're able to make it a keeper as they really are fantastic cars. 

• Like 1

Yeah you just need the brackets for the carbon seats.  The stock position is truly awful but apparently dictated by regs. 

You get the missing upper inner leg support back in addition to the whole of the back of the seat coming into proper contact with your back.  

Ive actually sold the run of brackets I did as it was roughly enough for the 410 run but it looks like there are still a couple without them.  I could do another small run if the was interest.  This is not a commercial post by the way Bibbs! more of a service to the community as IMHO if you don't have the seats in the right position you aren't really experiencing the car properly.  

I have had a small wobble of late and almost bought a couple of cars to replace the 410 but you drive it and boy it's just such a good car.  

@Hangar 111 when are we doing the komotec??

What I’d really like is an auto 410 specced as a 2+2 but I think there’s quite possibly only a couple of auto 410’s in existence and very unlikely either of those are 2+2. 

Only other option is I suppose to wait for the 2nd hand GT410’s to drop or spec one new and bite the bullet on putting a load of cash in. 

Quite often a sensitive subject but would be interested to hear how others here have financed their cars... were you convinced to go for a 50/50 deal so you could spec a car exactly as you wanted?

I’ve bought my last 2 Lotus with the 50:50 rather than outright for cash, really because it just seemed daft not to. Jamie still has done me a good deal both times, so there was little incentive to splash out in one go and, as you say, you can spec it to your own taste. 

My GT410 is an auto, so if the next Lotus car (not SUV) to be announced is of interest, I’m quite sure Jamie will talk me into it 😂, as he always does, so mine could be available some time in the diiiiiiiistant future. 

To the best of my knowledge there is one other auto GT410 out there, currently owned by Sumsion.  

• Like 1

Mine was on 50/50 but happened to be the exact colour and spec I would have had. It was an unregistered dust collector at the dealer.  

It was the announcement of the GT cars that spurred me in as the 410 is an absolute bargain being effectively identical.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nathan Pitman said:

What I’d really like is an auto 410 specced as a 2+2

In that case, buy an auto 400, the carbon bootlid (£5k) and a set of Cup 2s. After that I think that the only other difference are the springs (the shocks are still the standard Bilsteins). If you want to use the rear seats, you couldn’t have the carbon seats so you’d have to have the standard Sparcos anyway. 

• Like 1

On 16/06/2019 at 09:30, jonnyboy said:

@Hangar 111 when are we doing the komotec??

@jonnyboy Sorry I thought I'd replied to your most recent email, but just found it - will ping info requested over to you (might not be today, busy catching up on things after a week at Oulton Park).

Dave

If the Sport 410 you tried had Lotus carbon seats then they definitely are lower mounted but because of the upright position you lose headroom compared to the Sparcos which can be reclined. Fixed back seats had to be at that angle for the airbag to work correctly for much shorter than average drivers. Probably doesn't apply to anyone here but car makers have to consider all eventualities.

Another recommendation here for Jon's adjustable brackets. My view is that Lotus should really have fitted adjustable mounts like the original 410 show car had. Jon's brackets are the next best thing. They lower the seat further still, bring better under thigh support (the seats hold you better under hard braking), increase headroom, improve comfort. I thought I'd give them a try and wasn't expecting much but I was amazed at the improvement from what appears to be such a small adjustment. Sparcos feel a good two inches higher now it's really noticeable. Definitely not the best choice for taller owners. Disappointing that the factory never offered a fix for the seats but at least there is one. Really finishes the car off nicely for those who like the lightweight seats.

Just fitted the cf seats in the S1. Exactly as you describe. I saw that they were lower and thought about making up raiser plates but dry fitted the seats first. Beggar me, they look lower but you actually sit higher. Who needs a sun visor now? 🙂

I've semi permanently fixed them with a front raiser bush to angle them back again. Just awaiting Jon's brackets now in the post for the permie solution.

49 minutes ago, Hangar 111 said:

@jonnyboy Sorry I thought I'd replied to your most recent email, but just found it - will ping info requested over to you (might not be today, busy catching up on things after a week at Oulton Park).

Dave

@Dave - Is this is a reference to a 430 map? If so, please tell me more!!! 

16 minutes ago, Gashead1105 said:

@Dave - Is this is a reference to a 430 map? If so, please tell me more!!! 

@Gashead1105 No, it's a 460, but 430 is possible, I'll drop you an email with details.

Dave