Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Nautilus blue 350s - Page 19 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Nautilus blue 350s

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Really usefull info for anyone with an S3 Elise or Exige - I'm waiting with huge interest for your final conclusions :thumbup:

So far, is it the case that you reckon the Au lite bulbs are better than OE and the Leds are better still?

Keep up the great work :)

22 minutes ago, duncx said:

Really usefull info for anyone with an S3 Elise or Exige - I'm waiting with huge interest for your final conclusions :thumbup:

So far, is it the case that you reckon the Au lite bulbs are better than OE and the Leds are better still?

Keep up the great work :)

Thanks. I'd say thats about right but I really need some more time in the road in the dark with the LEDs to be sure.

• Like 1

Thanks for all this! You inspired me to go with the Au-Lite bulbs from HIDs Direct as they are under £10 and straight swaps for the OEM bulbs. I fitted them over the weekend, here are a couple of pics showing bulb output and colour comparisons for info:

OEM bulbs:

56093333_Photo17-01-2021094636.thumb.jpg.b489023f706de81684bdba62e7e0db62.jpg

AU-Lite bulb compare to OEM:

1186305508_Photo17-01-2021105738.thumb.jpg.c96afcaeb738af669ea3ec99ac029c61.jpg

i am watching this closely... i favour simple bulb swap for moderate gains. any gain is better than none.  But i could be persuaded by LED.

Can you change a bulb withthe front wheel on?  Seems mad to be forced to jack the car.

1 hour ago, Jcx said:

Can you change a bulb withthe front wheel on?  Seems mad to be forced to jack the car.

You might be able to by rotating the wheel from lock to lock to access the fittings, but it's not going to be easy. Jacking up and wheel off should be a lot quicker.

• Like 1

Thanks for review. 

I remember putting HIDs to my 7G Civic back in 2004, lol. 

I dont like the idea of cutting rubber around the bulb for cables to balast. I am thinking about moisture getting in. 

Can you recommend bulb upgrade? Osram? Philips? 

Mark, thank you for sharing your review.
Please let us know how the Twenty20 from Hids4u LEDs performed. Also in terms of heat! 

The best solution i found so far are the Nightbreaker HB3 and cut the rubber caps (because of no HB3A available from Philips).

Thanks

Moritz 

Hi Mark - the roof looks really good.

Any updates re how it drives - squeaks / fit etc? Does it seem any more likely that the seals will stay attached if you take it in / out vs the OE roof?

From the video it looks as though the rear centre fixing gets dropped with John’s mounts - if that is right, what is your sense of the relative strength of the other fixings? Obviously thinking of safety and speed factors etc.

Any thoughts appreciated.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, 3eighty said:

Hi Mark - the roof looks really good.

Any updates re how it drives - squeaks / fit etc? Does it seem any more likely that the seals will stay attached if you take it in / out vs the OE roof?

From the video it looks as though the rear centre fixing gets dropped with John’s mounts - if that is right, what is your sense of the relative strength of the other fixings? Obviously thinking of safety and speed factors etc.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Hi, I've driven the car twice since fitting. There are no new noises. Although road noise is more apparent.

I'm not sure how to answer the question about the seals... I don't intend taking it on and off.

In the video I make a point of explaining the omition of the centre clamp. Jon has been supplying these roofs for sometime. I'd be surprised if it causes a major failure. I can't imagine aerodynamically speaking how it would make the roof more vulnerable.

With regards to the corner fixings, as in my video, the roof re uses the OEM brackets other than the rear hooks, which are cast steel very similar to the OEM ones in appearance.

• Like 1

It’s a frame that is tethered by two straps in the event of airbag deployment, but held in day to day by 4 sacrificial fixings that snap when the airbag fires. 
The bolts just hold the plastic cover to the frame 

airbag cover pops into place and is held in place by for 1-time usage clips.

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion