free hit
counters
Nautilus blue 350s - Page 10 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Under the knife...

Just add paint! received_265752407935596.mp4

Posted Images

1 hour ago, MAG said:

GRP lights fitted! So far I'm loosing the war against the new relay module though, it's like the existing one is fucking glued on!!??

DSC_1952_compress37.jpg

Have you been given a 9 pin or 3 pin relay?

I think he will need the resistors adding to the lights. For some reason the 350 comes with the 9 pin relay. Greg has now updated his website to add on the 350 sport as a separate option. For 350 cars he will add on the resister which negates the need for the relay swap out. It’s very easy to retro fit the resistors. 

The fact that it’s being a pig to get the relay out indicates to me it’s the 9 pin version. The 3 pin just pops out easily. 9 pin is a nightmare. 

4 minutes ago, MAG said:

Thanks, I'll email Greg then, although I did say it was a 2018 350s when I ordered...

Do you get hyper flashing? Greg was talking of putting the resisters back in to avoid it and prevent the need for relay change, so you might not need it - Greg will know though

15 minutes ago, MrP_ said:

Do you get hyper flashing? Greg was talking of putting the resisters back in to avoid it and prevent the need for relay change, so you might not need it - Greg will know though

Yes, I do get rapid flashing

1 hour ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

I get rapid flashing, but I have a relay in mine.

However I prefer it, passed an MOT with it, and makes it more noticeable I think

Why do you prefer hyper-flashing ? For non LED lights it was an indication the bulb had gone.  When I see a car on the road with hyper flash i automatically think the light bulb is on the way out. I am surprised it passed and MOT. It must have been an very lenient inspector or they simply never checked it properly.   

Just now, Edinburgh 111s said:

Why do you prefer hyper-flashing ? For non LED lights it was an indication the bulb had gone.  When I see a car on the road with hyper flash i automatically think the light bulb is on the way out. I am surprised it passed and MOT. It must have been an very lenient inspector or they simply never checked it properly.   

The GRP lights have small indicators and I feel people won't notice them. I'm sure if I took the relay out theyd go back to normal

Little things for little minds...

Resistor kit installed, now I have non amphetamine fueled indicator's 🤣

Plus I got these little aluminium JBL logos for my speaker grills which I actually really like 😁

DSC_1959_compress87.jpg

DSC_1960_compress66.jpg

1 hour ago, Edinburgh 111s said:

That was a quick turnaround on the resistors. It’s just strange that the 350 is different from all other models. Glad it’s sorted 

Cost cutting. It started towards the end of the V6 S before the 350 was introduced. 

• Sad 1

Surely the fact that resistors are required on 350 and later models would indicate that it has either a higher current electrical system or one with less resistance than previous models...?

6 hours ago, MAG said:

Surely the fact that resistors are required on 350 and later models would indicate that it has either a higher current electrical system or one with less resistance than previous models...?

It’s the same issue on all the cars, the lower current demand of the aftermarket leds makes the relay pulse quicker . The solution however is different.

On the non 350 the relay is a simple 3 pole that provides timing to the indicator and hazard lights, and simple swap that out for a slower timed relay and jobs a goodun. These relays are used everywhere and can be picked up in any motor factors.

On the 350 the wiring was overhauled, there was a move to direct mount PCB connectors and that is evident if you pull apart a v6s vs a 350 on the hazard, DPM and HVAC boards . Single ribbon connectors vs multiple bullet connectors. This also brought changes to the indicator/hazard wiring that shifted to a 9 pin relay which instead of passing the feed through the indicator and hazard switches used them as a signal generator which feeds the relay and in turn provides the pulse to the lights. There are items like the hazard switch changed at the same time. This I believe was driven to move to a simplified supply chain and the replicated the wiring from the donor vehicle, I think a Jeep, could be wrong. 

Then another change for the 380 retained the switches, but used these on the previous loom/relay, so it switched back and also added a new rear loom for the revised tail lights.

So strangely the 350 wiring is actually more expensive, but I believe the was driven by the need to switch to the revised HVAC, DPM etc controls to rush something out the door as the V6s needed to be more efficient to produce and was then improved on for the 380/430/410.

Greg is obviously reluctant to use piggy back resistors or bury heat generating parts in the sealed lights, so the relay is the more elegant solution, unfortunately not an option on the 350 due to the unique relay which is bonkers expensive by comparison. 

Ive guessed the why behind the move so happily corrected 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Karls said:

Very nice...which Braille battery is that and who supplied it please.

It's the G30, I have a friend who works with the UK distributor so he sourced it for me.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM
31 minutes ago, MAG said:

20200316_122406_compress56.jpg

That really is a fantastic photograph and shows the colour beautifully. A really quite unique and very good looking Exige you have there Sir. The wheels also look good in the new colour.

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

image.png.beb4ce9f6d63a8be176525fdcd2c6370.png Also from that slither, it could be a McLaren to my old eyes :)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!