free hit
counters
Nautilus blue 350s - Page 16 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Errgh, 3 questions I think to answer...

Reason for black Alcantara; I intend to use more on other parts of the interior going forward and my seats are half leather/alcantara so kinda goes with that 👍 I think subtle contrasts work better than matching everything which can be evidenced in my choices for the exterior of my car 😁

Rear canards have minimal Aero effect to my knowledge but Lotus fitted them to the 380 in 2017 so I'm not sure what the intended purpose was other than looks, which is the primary reason I got them.

I haven't fitted the spacer's yet, I should be due for new rubber in the next month or so at which point I'll get 285 rear tyres which is the primary reason for fitting the spacer's. I would of thought that 3mm would only produced a subtle visual difference.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just add paint! received_265752407935596.mp4

Under the knife...

Posted Images

Step one to custom aluminium stalks has worked 😁 I have take the stalks which are painted and rubbed them down to bare aluminium. My genius friend Jay has managed to make some super fiddly symbols in vinyl which I am going to use as a mask. I will then respray in black and remove the masks leaving the symbols in raw aluminium.

This will be more durable than using stand alone stickers and a cheaper option for me than having them laser engraved.

DSC_2418.JPG

• Like 1

Both done now, pretty happy with the results. Not absolutely perfect but close enough. The wiper symbols were actually easier in the end despite the fact I expected them to be more difficult...

DSC_2422.JPG

• Like 1

All done. Fitting was pretty straightforward... Just saw through the original stalks with a razor saw. The new stalks slip over the stubs and have grub screws that bite into the original plastic stalk bases. I applied loctite to the grub screws to prevent them loosening with use. Simply slip the rubber boots over the aluminium stalks, replace the steering wheel cowling trim and jobs a good en!

DSC_2425_compress54.jpg

DSC_2424_compress45.jpg

DSC_2427_compress72.jpg

DSC_2423_compress88.jpg

Looks good......nice personal touch Mark - that steering wheels crying out for a blue band instead of the red😉

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

Fancy doing my VX220 dash top for me? ;)

Seriously, all home done?  Wow...

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Fancy doing my VX220 dash top for me? ;)

Seriously, all home done?  Wow...

That's very flattering but I'd probably be too nervous working on someone else's pride and joy...

Yep, all done for the price of a pot of glue and some uncut alcantara off eBay 😁

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

Hmmm. Those would look lovely on my 410Sport Evora......

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

The contrast with paint and carbon slats will look awesome

will you open up the wheel arches or fit cup wheel arches to let the air spill out of the arch?

@Woots no plans to open up the arch liners, but the louvres will be backed with a black mesh to match that on the front access panel.

@Suto Mr Williams was good enough to provide me with a template taken from another forum members 430.

• Like 2