free hit
counters
Nautilus blue 350s - Page 3 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
MAG

Nautilus blue 350s

2 hours ago, Akajak said:

great stuff; how did you get the colourchip paint, did you know the code?

Lotus doesn't seem to appear on the drop down list of manufacturers.

You have to email them and they will make it to order for you. It still only takes a few days to come through 👍

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Just bought these, let's see what they look like 😁

_20190719_111158.JPG

Another little job taken care of, more rusty bolts sorted! This time the four that secure the intake brace. After some sanding, some autosol, a clean with some white spirit and some trusty Hammerite my OCD is back in check 🤣

DSC_1386_compress51.jpg

On 14/07/2019 at 17:44, MAG said:

Amazing what you can do in 10 minutes with a hobby brush and some red hammerite paint 😁

DSC_1350_compress30.jpg

How did you fill it and cleared the messy stuff around it? What are the steps/ tools? Looks nice, I'd just try it myself also! 

7 hours ago, PJ said:

How did you fill it and cleared the messy stuff around it? What are the steps/ tools? Looks nice, I'd just try it myself also! 

1 hour ago, Bravo73 said:

Appreciated! 

These arrived yesterday, nice quality Matt black textured PPF. Might be a bit hot today to try and apply them 😁

DSC_1398_compress55.jpg

DSC_1397_compress21.jpg

• Like 1

Goodbye nasty clear impossible to clean factory PPF, hello black textured PPF 😁

Really pleased with the result and it was just an hour's DIY effort!

What you need;

textured black PPF precut and supplied by Nick Aliath on eBay.

Heat gun, rubber body shop squeagie, baby shampoo, white spirit or alcohol, several clean microfibre cloths, surgical gloves, pump spray bottle.

Method, use the heat gun to gently heat the existing PPF. Keep your fingers in between the heat gun and the car. If it's too hot for your fingers, it's too hot for the car. Slowly pull away the old PPF, it's quite a fight but just take your time heating as you go.

Next clean off any residue and old adhesive with white spirit/alcohol and a microfibre.

Next, mix water with baby shampoo 10:1 and put in a pump spray.

Next, put on some surgical gloves and peel away the new PPF from the backing paper. When separated, liberally apply the baby shampoo/water solution to the sticky side.

Next, apply the PPF to the car, the solution will allow you to move the film around until your 100% happy with the position.

Next, using your hand start to gently rub out all the lubricant solution from behind the film. It will then start to tack in place. Then, using the rubber squeagie, rubbing it firmly across the PPF film push out the last of the solution.

Finally clean the area of excess solution with a new microfibre and go over the film gently with the heat gun to remove any moisture and activate the adhesive fully.

And then you're done!

DSC_1427_compress82.jpg

DSC_1425_compress33.jpg

• Like 2

Thread bump, more stuff from Dan.... quality!

4241FC87-2E06-4297-8236-E6B594041F5E.jpeg

• Like 2

On paper without looking at all the extras the 430 kit does seem the best bang for your buck!

Be prepared though, be rabbit hole is deep.

Next is suspension mods... brakes, tyres, you've already got forged wheels - interior bits...

Basically go read GF Williams' thread and thats your future 🤣👍

I'm used to it 😂 my last car had pretty much everything you could have done to it, done to it...

If I'm not going to be tracking it on a regular basis and having spoken to 111, the 430 does and is monetarily speaking the best power for your pound upgrade.

24 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Hangar111?

Yep 😁

Got these gathering dust in the garage in black chrome but thinking they're probably a little too beefy for a direct pig snout replacement...

IMG_20190805_193741.jpg

They look fabulous! Good effort. 

• Like 1

On 02/08/2019 at 15:31, MAG said:

😲

sketch-1564756291367.png

Excellent, how long did the job take/will take?

It's only a couple of days work but the defining factor is waiting for the software from komotec, so they like to keep the car for a couple of weeks.

Next up is rear canards...

First job, removal of red edging!

Next, repainting in some tough chip resistant matt black.

DSC_1450_compress5.jpg

DSC_1449_compress82.jpg

• Like 1

The transformation continues👍 Are you going to be removing the 350 rear wing for an alternative? And the front access panel - staying as is of changing to a newer model alternative?

2 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

The transformation continues👍 Are you going to be removing the 350 rear wing for an alternative? And the front access panel - staying as is of changing to a newer model alternative?

I'm not sure yet. I feel after everything I've read I'd need to go OEM to get a good result with those parts and as you probably know they're not cheap... I know alot of people aren't too keen but I actually quite like the 380/410s style wing. Next big expense is the EX430 and that will slow me down for a while due to the outlay involved.

• Like 1