free hit
counters
Nautilus blue 350s - Page 6 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

• Gold FFM
10 hours ago, TonyKL said:

Which sub did you get? I have upgraded to focals but am missing something. 

I bought this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00L12UZ0Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But by the looks of it, they have newer versions of it for sale. Its great, you can adjust the level of bass, the grill is nice and strong so if feet go on it, its absolutely fine and with some heavy duty velcro it doesn't move an inch (forgot to take it out on a track day once). 

Means the speakers can focus on treble and mid range and leave the heavy lifting to this. I have the crappy headunit it came with but plan to change it for something a little more powerful at some stage.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really wanted the carbon panel for my 350 so i bought a new 410 which came with a free carbon access panel. Happy days 🤣

Okay, update time! Popped over to lotus Silverstone this afternoon and they've fitted my access panel for me. Took em dead on an hour but originally had fitting included in my quote so didn't matter t

Okay guys, here's the moment you've been waiting for! It's all fitted... First of all I wanted to change a couple of aesthetics inline with my car's colour scheme and also to make it a little mor

Posted Images

7 hours ago, BatMobile said:

I bought this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00L12UZ0Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But by the looks of it, they have newer versions of it for sale. Its great, you can adjust the level of bass, the grill is nice and strong so if feet go on it, its absolutely fine and with some heavy duty velcro it doesn't move an inch (forgot to take it out on a track day once). 

Means the speakers can focus on treble and mid range and leave the heavy lifting to this. I have the crappy headunit it came with but plan to change it for something a little more powerful at some stage.

Changing the head unit I found made quite a difference as well, as the Pioneers internal amplification definitely has far more oomph than the Clarion. In the interest of keeping voicing the same I'm going to get this one;

JBL Basspro SL 8-Inch Enclosed Active Underseat Car Stereo Subwoofer System - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0169YBEAU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ZaILDbK35P334

I have quite a lot of experience with sound systems so would rather keep the speakers of the same make 😁

Okay, so speaker installation complete! 

Wasn't completely straight forward though, the first main problem was that the cones on the JBLs are 100mm and the stock speakers are less which means the grill trim ring doesn't fit. Enter some careful work with a model makers razor saw... Next issue was the adjustable and directional tweeter module on the JBL is around 8mm higher than the stock speakers tweeter, preventing the grills from fitting flush. So, the next modification was some plastic spacers from B&Q. I had some acoustic foam left over from my now dismantled cinema room so packed the space below the speaker cut outs in the dash with that. The grills are stuck down to their plastic frames with an odd sticky rubber which I had to remove as once damaged from grill removal, it prevents the grills being re seated. I replaced it with some thinly cut 3M tape.

The speakers plugged straight onto the existing wiring terminals so that wasn't an issue.

Sound is a good improvement in the clarity department with mid bass being tighter and more controlled. The cone material on car speaker diaphragms is typically quite stiff and tough stuff as it's meant to be durable so no doubt they'll need some running in...

Going to see if I can source some replacement grills that fit without spacers but I'm happy for now 😁

DSC_1707_compress5.jpg

DSC_1705_compress68.jpg

DSC_1709_compress80.jpg

DSC_1708_compress56.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, GazzyFizzle said:

Saw your car at Lotus Silverstone on Saturday, while mine was in.

Looks great in the flesh, love the colour.

Thanks, I'll get her back on Thursday after having some paint repair and new diffuser parts under warranty, plus they're bolting on my Alias mirrors for me 😁

• Like 1

Flaked paint on the join between the roof and rear clam. Probably done by previous owner trying to take the roof off but they've volunteered to sort it. Diffuser had cracks in it underneath the car, don't know how they got there and there's no impact marks so they've volunteered to sort that too. Also, the adhesive that holds the horizontal section of the rear spoiler to the uprights has given way so they're rebonding that as well...

21 minutes ago, MAG said:

Flaked paint on the join between the roof and rear clam. Probably done by previous owner trying to take the roof off but they've volunteered to sort it. Diffuser had cracks in it underneath the car, don't know how they got there and there's no impact marks so they've volunteered to sort that too. Also, the adhesive that holds the horizontal section of the rear spoiler to the uprights has given way so they're rebonding that as well...

Good stuff.  In my experience Lotus warranty team are very good indeed. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

Got to say, it's a lovely feeling to see the mirrors on people's cars now!  I hope you're happy and enjoy the improved visibility :D

You should be proud that you've created a product that a bunch of very picky and anal people like so much that they'll bolt it to their metal and plastic babies 🤣

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Kristof Thys said:

Looking good... still awaiting parts (the grille has a three weeks waiting time, diffuser itself was in stock)... when did you order the parts?

I think they were ordered around 2 weeks ago but by the dealership.

• Like 1

Some better pics...

Car goes SORN at the weekend so won't be going anywhere for a couple of months 😒

Next on the list with be @alias23 carbon side scoops...

Also, my visit to Silverstone yesterday resulted in me sourcing some more carbon goodness! While waiting for my diffuser to be fitted, upgrades were discussed and I was told that they just happened to have a vented carbon access panel gathering dust in their stock room that had been ordered for a customer a couple of years ago but never used! After some discussion a price was agreed that was pretty much half the brand new lotus RRP! Of course I couldn't resist... So I'll be returning in February to have that fitted 😁

DSCN3264_compress52.jpg

DSCN3261_compress64.jpg