free hit
counters
Nautilus blue 350s - Page 7 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really wanted the carbon panel for my 350 so i bought a new 410 which came with a free carbon access panel. Happy days 🤣

Okay, update time! Popped over to lotus Silverstone this afternoon and they've fitted my access panel for me. Took em dead on an hour but originally had fitting included in my quote so didn't matter t

Okay guys, here's the moment you've been waiting for! It's all fitted... First of all I wanted to change a couple of aesthetics inline with my car's colour scheme and also to make it a little mor

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Meaning to do this for a while but I've finally got around to refinishing the petrol cap surround in gunmetal.

DSC_1854_compress71.jpg

51 minutes ago, Edinburgh 111s said:

Wow! Just autosol? I really need to get mine done is the effects are that good 

Yep, soft tooth brush to apply and an old microfibre to buff off 👍

Sooo, as I wasn't expecting to have the car back on the road just yet and I have a carbon access panel sitting at lotus Silverstone waiting to be fitted in February, I thought I'd just give them a ring on the off chance... Skip to the end! They have some time this afternoon so have volunteered to fit me in. So, by this evening I should no longer be carbon free 😁

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM
1 minute ago, MAG said:

So, by this evening I should no longer be carbon free 😁

Hoorah, someone rescued from the carbon warriors! Long live Carbon!  Piccies please!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

2 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Hoorah, someone rescued from the carbon warriors! Long live Carbon!  Piccies please!

Of course! 😁

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

Looking lovely. The colour of your car is really growing on me. Hmmm, my VX would look great in that colour :) 👍

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

1 minute ago, C8RKH said:

Looking lovely. The colour of your car is really growing on me. Hmmm, my VX would look great in that colour :)👍

Yes, wouldn't of been my first choice but it's really grown on me too! Absolute pig to keep clean and blemish free though. Maybe even worse than black! 😂

I love the front carbon panel, it transforms the car for me, giving it a much more aggressive look. Very jealous you got this for a steal. If Ben can find another one I'd happily take it off his hands. It doesn't even need to be carbon for me, I'd be intrigued to see how it looks in matt black. 

@alias23 Fancy another project? I might have some connections who could reverse engineer an OEM part, and create some tools. :)

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, DT 350 said:

I love the front carbon panel, it transforms the car for me, giving it a much more aggressive look. Very jealous you got this for a steal. If Ben can find another one I'd happily take it off his hands. It doesn't even need to be carbon for me, I'd be intrigued to see how it looks in matt black. 

@alias23 Fancy another project? I might have some connections who could reverse engineer an OEM part, and create some tools. :)

Hands off. I want one first. Been looking on Ebay etc for months, can't find any, carbon or plastic :(

59 minutes ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

Hands off. I want one first. Been looking on Ebay etc for months, can't find any, carbon or plastic :(

Can’t we make one from plastic vacuum moulding perhaps? If we can make a mould that shouldn’t be out of reach for someone if anyone has connections..

10 minutes ago, Woots said:

Can’t we make one from plastic vacuum moulding perhaps? If we can make a mould that shouldn’t be out of reach for someone if anyone has connections..

Elise shop do both carbon and plastic, €1000 for the plastic and €1800 for the carbon - not willing to shell out that much for it myself.

Plastic itself is £1246 and OEM carbon is £1765, both PLUS VAT, but still, I'd rather pay a fraction more and get OEM quality.

1 hour ago, Kristof Thys said:

The Eltech one is made from an original part (DixieV6 kindly "donated" the OEM one).  Must say it looks very well made (carbon one).

I have the EliseShop GRP version.

So cheapest option is £1000 for plastic one?

In the end mine was even more, but I had it repainted as it came matte black with red stripe (Eliseshop one)

At that time Eltech didn't have the panel ready and I didn't want to wait (Dixie waited almost a year iirc)