free hit
counters
Nautilus blue 350s - Page 9 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Under the knife...

Just add paint! received_265752407935596.mp4

Posted Images

4 hours ago, MrP_ said:

Look great, any idea when you can fit?

Currently have two options, DIY or I'm visiting HPE for my coilover install on Friday and they've said they'll bung em on for an extra hours labour 🤔

6 minutes ago, MAG said:

Currently have two options, DIY or I'm visiting HPE for my coilover install on Friday and they've said they'll bung em on for an extra hours labour 🤔

You may want to send Dan the instructions... will be more than an hour but an easy job for him.

www.alias23.com

1 hour ago, alias23 said:

You may want to send Dan the instructions... will be more than an hour but an easy job for him.

Already done mate 😁

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Edinburgh 111s said:

Why the rubber edge to the sills ? Not sure I like that... although everything else on your car looks outstanding 

I just think it finishes it off as such 😁

5 hours ago, Woots said:

Nice work!

What've you done with your old set of side scoops? I think I’d like mine in black rather than white...

Mine are blue with black vinyl 😂 get some vinyl, follow a YouTube video, it's an hours work 👍

Not bad damage considering it came off at 60+mph on the A605 circumventing my trip to Caffeine and Machine.

Not a great way to start my birthday walking 2 miles down the verge on the 605 like a panicked child looking for my car part 🙄

My fault rushing and trusting 3M tape rather than using polymer adhesive!

Glad I had the PPF done though as it seems to have taken the worst of the hit.

DSC_1921_compress61.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Those scoops look the business!! Can’t wait to get mine fitted - just hope we master the fit as well as you have😎

19 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

Those scoops look the business!! Can’t wait to get mine fitted - just hope we master the fit as well as you have😎

Just take your time and do plenty of offering up the separate components

• Like 2

Bloody lovely @MAG I think you’ve fitted yours better than I have looking at that line at the top and alignment to the sill! Good job!!!!

So happy they’ve worked out for you especially given the effort to make these just right and they definitely look right on your car with the growing number of carbon additions!

2 minutes ago, MAG said:

Just take your time and do plenty of offering up the separate components

As per the instructions you’ve got to get a ‘feel’ for offering them up and aligning to get it spot on and right for the adhesive part!

www.alias23.com

22 minutes ago, alias23 said:

Bloody lovely @MAG I think you’ve fitted yours better than I have looking at that line at the top and alignment to the sill! Good job!!!!

So happy they’ve worked out for you especially given the effort to make these just right and they definitely look right on your car with the growing number of carbon additions!

As per the instructions you’ve got to get a ‘feel’ for offering them up and aligning to get it spot on and right for the adhesive part!

Thanks Imran, of course Dan did the hard bits 😁 and I was foolish to try and drive the car prior to using proper adhesive but we got there in the end!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, MAG said:

😁

_20200214_082909.JPG

Best to tape around the back of these units with a foam tape, prior to fitting so they seal, otherwise water could get in as they don't sit completely flat. I used some that was about 8mm high and compressed nicely, which you could see from inside when tightening the nuts down. They should really come with a gasket for the Exige.

Good suggestion, do you have a picture of yours? I have requested Greg for this development by the way.. I ordered my lights also picking them up when I'm in Vegas for business in March. Can't wait.. 

Hi PJ, this link is what I have https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Foam-Tape-Extra-Sticky-Backed-Single-Sided-Self-Adhesive-Dark-Grey-10mm-Thick/262290323770?hash=item3d11b8b93a:m:m8CCEYIldfyK0xHDfRIT1Yg

I've had my role of tape for years, but looks exactly like this stuff. I would get the 10mm wide version and cut in half down it's length to 5mm wide, this seems perfect and misses the threaded studs.

Then just tape a full circle around the edge to meet the edges at the bottom. The good thing about this tape is that it compresses enough so it will only fill the areas it needs to, and the rest it pretty much presses completely flat, so the lights don't stick out any more than they would without. 

I don't have any pics, but they are the same as GFWilliams' and on the same colour car!

Thanks appreciated! Just got a message from Greg that with the new V3 he has added something similar so good news he also developed on that. Very responsive guy by the way. 

• Like 1

Good call matey! He's a good guy and they look so much better in the flesh, very vivid colour. Can't think of a cooler looking rear light setup! Look better on the V6S too, with twins 😉