free hit
counters
Height for front splitter - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I think I just need a few mm to raise the nose in order to avoid encounters with speedbumps mostly. Is there an easy way to do so?? 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Have you tried approaching the speed bump at an angle (45degs)?

From factory setup ? Never had an issue before a suspension swap ... is it up to the bump, or down ? in either case I use to use the throttle a bit, so the front does not drop from braking, or even slightly raise with gentle acceleration .. 

I believe when I come down. 45 degree can help but isn't possible always. Yeah, not braking sounds logical indeed to keep the nose from diving down. Well, all the suggestions are welcome as I am not looking forward to speedbump issues and broken splitter :).. 

By the way, if I can get some measurements from ground to bottom front splitter without anyone in the car I can compare it. Interesting to see the differences.. 

Thanks, yes I believe 13 should be good. I have 13 on the sides but in the middle it seems to drop like 0.5 to about 12.5. I think I should get that part to 13 also. If anyone else could share, it might help for future reference. Thanks! 

Changing to a 215 45 front from the standard 350 Sport 205 45 will give you a little extra height, about a 5mm height gain.

Edited by k20Rob

I have an Exige S 2013. Thanks also for the tip of changing the front wheel if needed, I could keep the wheels on the back unchanged right. It doesn't matter if I only change the front? 

7 hours ago, PJ said:

I have an Exige S 2013. Thanks also for the tip of changing the front wheel if needed, I could keep the wheels on the back unchanged right. It doesn't matter if I only change the front? 

He will be referring to tyres and not wheels. 

Yes that's what I meant, thnx 

My splitter is 143mm off the ground in a 350 sport with no one inside.  Seems high...

I run mine (Cup R splitter) at 120mm ride height at the front and it’s fine with speed bumps if you’re slow. 

14 hours ago, Jcx said:

My splitter is 143mm off the ground in a 350 sport with no one inside.  Seems high...

Do you have the new Lotus SUV?

21 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

I run mine (Cup R splitter) at 120mm ride height at the front and it’s fine with speed bumps if you’re slow. 

Do you have the new Lotus SUV?

Seems so... my ride height measurement points underneath with no one in the car are 155mm. So high. Seems wrong. 

8 hours ago, Jcx said:

Seems so... my ride height measurement points underneath with no one in the car are 155mm. So high. Seems wrong. 

My 2018 350s was about 145-150 on PS4 205/45's which just irritated me too much, it's amazing how the ride height of a car car impact so dramatically on its stance and appearance. Coilovers were out of my budget for the time being so I opted for Komotecs Eibach progressive lowering springs and now she's at 120mm with Cup 2 215/45's which is spot on in my opinion 🙂

9 minutes ago, MAG said:

My 2018 350s was about 145-150 on PS4 205/45's which just irritated me too much, it's amazing how the ride height of a car car impact so dramatically on its stance and appearance. Coilovers were out of my budget for the time being so I opted for Komotecs Eibach progressive lowering springs and now she's at 120mm with Cup 2 215/45's which is spot on in my opinion 🙂

Totally agree. The stance is so important. Did you change all 4 springs and at what mileage? Do you have any before and after pics pls? 👍

They were changed at about 4500 miles. The springs come as a complete set to replace all four corners. I don't think I have any really good close up pics. I had the springs changed first, at that point she was at about 115 but when the larger Cup 2's went on it lifted her a little. I'll have a look and see what I can find in the way of pics...

6 minutes ago, MAG said:

They were changed at about 4500 miles. The springs come as a complete set to replace all four corners. I don't think I have any really good close up pics. I had the springs changed first, at that point she was at about 115 but when the larger Cup 2's went on it lifted her a little. I'll have a look and see what I can find in the way of pics...

Thx. Is that 115 off the floor?! At the measuring points? That’s pretty low. 

Here's the best comparison pics I could find... Sunny pic is before, darker one is after 😁

_20190727_171830_compress48.jpg

_20190727_171940_compress67.jpg

Changing those wheels to the colour you did on that car @MAG was a major triumph!!👌 They set the body colour off so well😎

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stephenwhyte said:

Changing those wheels to the colour you did on that car @MAG was a major triumph!!👌 They set the body colour off so well😎

Thanks, I was quite pleased with the result 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MAG said:

Here's the best comparison pics I could find... Sunny pic is before, darker one is after 😁

_20190727_171830_compress48.jpg

_20190727_171940_compress67.jpg

Fab thx mag. Your 120mm. Was that splitter height from the floor or is it measuring to the jacking points? 

I now have it around 130 to 135mm which seems to do the trick in relation to speed bumps and such. I like the low stand but not so far that the front splitter gets a scratch each time you meet a speed bump. 

20190717_125401.jpg

It's from the underside of the splitter to the floor 👍

• Like 1