free hit
counters
Turbo Heat Shield Template - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jims

Turbo Heat Shield Template

I'm looking for a template for the turbo head shield.    My car  still has emission pulley wheel  on it and  I bought a new end  cap to swap out it out with  but would like to have the heat shield ready to give to the shop so they can do both at the same time.    

Jim

Edited by Jims

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

How did you account for the cam end lash when you delete the air pump pulley mount flange?  At present my heat shield just has a hole for the flange as I'm not sure what cam end float washer size I'll need when the existing hardware goes away. Looks like the washer for the air pump may have a different ID, I'm hoping the thickness will stay the same and maybe I can use a shoulder bolt?

CamFloatWashers.jpg

EFR overhead view.jpg

I don't have a good  answer for you I haven't gotten that far.    I emailed SJ Sportscars they said I needed to buy a used rear  cap and an O ring which I did. I wanted to have a heat shield made so when I bought it to the shop they had everything they needed.  I wish I had a better answer maybe someone else can shed some light on what needs to happen.

Jim

I just did some CAD ( cardboard assisted design)  for mine.  I did a rubbing of the location of the two outboard cam cam bolts and the 8mm on the end of the head that i used for mounting and trimmed it back to the area between my turbine and the head/cam carriers. At the bottom  leave a little extra to fold forward at an angle to shield the bottom of the head from the exhaust manifold. For mine I just riveted another polished layer to the first with some standoffs to lessen conduction heat flow.  Unfortunately my template is for a non-standard turbo so no help for you.

EFR side view small.jpg