free hit
counters
Can anybody identify this please? - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Spinney

Can anybody identify this please?

The black rubber cap, that is, shown alongside the key just for scale. I found it in the boot of my Evora a few weeks ago and try though I might, I just can't see where it could have come from. It's very clearly a cap that looks as though it might fit over a bolt head, or similar and it hasn't come from anything I've put in the boot so I suppose it could have been accidentally left there when the car was built. 

Any clues much appreciated please and apologies for the out of focus pics

IMG_0618.JPG

IMG_0619.JPG

IMG_0620.JPG

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Just had a root around in my boot to see if there was anything resembling that and can;t see anything.

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

Oh well, thanks chaps. It looks like a protective cap of some sort and I thought maybe it might have been from a terminal in the battery compartment but there was nothing obvious in there either. 

No matter, I’ll leave it in the boot and maybe I’ll find a home for it some time in the future.  

You sure ‘bout that? I felt certain it’s the cover for the warp drive on switch! 🤔

Its a thingy-majig for the whotsit.  Should be fine with out it *

*(I am not a mechanic, I may have no idea what I'm talking about) 

It’s one of the 4 plugs that allow you to pop the roof off and drive it as a Targa.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, tim_marra said:

Cap for the tyre foam can?

Ah now that's a good shout thanks.👍 It was on the boot floor at the same end as the tyre foam can. I would go out and check but the cars currently loaded up for a jaunt into France tomorrow so I'll have to wait to check once it's unloaded. 

I’ve got 2 in my Exige boot that were just lying there with no obvious purpose and that was from new. They’re not for the inflator can as suggested. They do look like they maybe could be battery terminal covers - checked manual and couldn’t find anything? One to ask the dealer......

E6F0DD82-7882-4B03-9A2F-996A5DF6F3C6.jpeg

They're the ones. I felt sure Tim had cracked it with the tyre inflator suggestion. Like you I thought battery terminal but looking at the battery I couldn't see any obvious home for it. Thinking further though, could they be on the bare battery terminals when Lotus receive them from the manufacturers and they take them off when installing it??? When I look at the inside, there appear to be witness marks where it was fitted to a bolt head or similar.

That might explain how they end up discarded on the boot floor as the battery must be one of the last components to be fitted. I assume you have the lightweight battery similar to mine?

I'm not concerned it has come off something that should still be protected, but simply curious as to where it's come from really.

In case anybody is still wondering what this little rubber protective cap is, I was talking to Scott Walker at Goodwood today and he confirmed they are, indeed, from the bare battery terminals. So mystery solved. 👍