free hit
counters
Replacement Evora Radiator - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

My Evora radiator is weeping at the part where the plastic end part meets the aluminium core. It’s time to replace it and I am looking at this as an alternative.

https://www.elise-shop.com/aluminium-high-pressure-extra-capacity-radiator-evora-evora-s-p-502442.html

Has anybody on here fitted one and can you offer any recommendations?

Thanks

Robin.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ill take that as a no then 😀

I've ordered one and will post up how I get on with it. Will hopefully get a chance to fit it in a couple of weekends time.

• Like 1

Thanks Paul 

Mine arrived yesterday and I will hopefully fit it next weekend. Its a big thing and I agree it looks like a well made bit of kit. Arrived well packed too. Thanks for tip about the hose clamps. Ill get a couple ordered.

20190626_174244.jpg

Looks good, may I ask how old the radiators were? 

Are the hades rubber or silicone?

My car is 10 years old on 47000 miles Graeme. I've not started the job yet so i dont know what material the hoses are. Im sure somebody on here will know.

I’m keen to replace all my hoses even as new as my 400 is with silicone, for the corrosion prevention. The black in rubber hoses is corrosive mainly the cast engine parts. And given the is long coolant transfer pipes of which I assume are steel, there is the potential long term issue there.

Edited by au-yt
  • Like 1

Well I have fitted the radiator and run the car for 300 miles and it seems to be ok. The car runs slightly cooler now, but the main thing is that it does not leak! 

As Paul above said, the hose outlets are slightly smaller so I had to hose clamp it up nice and tight and also used a bit of Hylomar.

It was the first time I had removed the front clam, so it was good to do that and learn how the car is put together. I took my time, and came across a few rusty/stuck fastners that were a pain but I think next time I would be able to get the front clam off in under 3 hours, having now had that experience.

i didn't have the debris between the condenser and radiator Paul mentioned above, there are a few bits of foam around the radiator that had kept that out - I wonder if Paul's bits of foam had come loose or something. I made up a wooden support to hold the condenser up while the rad was out, might have been overkill but it did the job. 

All in all it was a job I am glad I did and hopefully will benefit the car longer term. The only real blocker for me was working out the bleeding, which is easy when you know, but I could not fathom it out at the time - see my bleeding thread!

I hope this helps others who may be weighing up whether to buy the Elise parts rad and fit it yourself.

DSCF4703.JPG

DSCF4731.JPG

DSCF4734.JPG

DSCF4738.JPG