free hit
counters
Paint protection - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

How many of you guys are using PPF on the pointy bits? My car's only got 4k on the clock but has a fair few nicks on the nose, are they prone to stone damage or has mine previously been driven down a lot of gravelly tracks 😁

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Soft paint and being low means they get hit a lot.

i was wrongly advised by a dealer not to get it but will respray the front when it gets really bad and put self healing ppf on.

track days at places like silverstone where you get race teams who inevitably spin off and then shed gravel onto the track, make it a must have; I found this out the hard way.....

• Like 1

Got it. Glad I have it. Saved the paint many times at the front but also the side sills and behind the rear wheels. 

I have had it put on the whole front clam of my Evora and even then, in two spots a stone has "ripped" through the self healing film. But overall, glad I have it!  I did have it on my old Evora NA and had the front bumper resprayed at 20k miles to include the SR black front bit.

2 hours ago, Andy Norman said:

Got it. Glad I have it. Saved the paint many times at the front but also the side sills and behind the rear wheels. 

+1 but it needs new PPF now really. Done it's job though 

Whilst I was in Ypres a twat of a French Lotus driver backed into my car. The ppf was ripped and expected to find the paint underneath damaged. After carefully removing the damaged ppf finding no damage to the paint.

Car booked in to have the ppf replaced next Friday. At least the said French "driver" offered to pay for the replacement.

Would always have ppf fitted as it is easier to replace it rather than repainting it.

+1 for PPF, I dread to think the state the front end would be in without it.  I've had a couple of pieces redone due to the PPF having done its job and the paint below remained pristine.

A bit unconventionally, I personally thing that having chips on the paint is a normal wear and tear process - would never bother with PPF. To me it's a bit like buying a really expensive sofa and putting it under the cover so it doesn't get worn out. Fully appreciate that it is an individual decision and preferences differ.