free hit
counters
Hello Guys - Introductions - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Recommended Posts


Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome to TLF Chris and happy hunting! :thumbup:

  • Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome and good luck with your search.......:welcome:

  • Like 1

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi welcome to the forum and your search!

 

buddsy

  • Like 1

 

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forums and good luck with the search

  • Like 1

A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Chris, welcome and good choice!

May I suggest aiming for an Exige 350 over an Exige S - there is lots to read about why it's better on the forum, but having been in a similar position to you not too long ago I can say it's worth the wait ( and sadly, cost ) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

Hi Chris, welcome and good choice!

May I suggest aiming for an Exige 350 over an Exige S - there is lots to read about why it's better on the forum, but having been in a similar position to you not too long ago I can say it's worth the wait ( and sadly, cost ) 

Hi & thank you

I have read into the comparisons of the S Vs 350, thought quite a bit about it & contemplated the whether the improvements would be worth it for what I want. As yet, I'm not convinced, although I would consider a 350.

What was it that made you decide to go for a 350 in the end?

One of my concerns was I heard the exhaust is even louder on the 350's. I'm already thinking I'll need to get a track friendly rear silencer & even then I'm not sure it'll be enough because I do trackdays at Blyton which is 95dB limit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chappers85 said:

Hi & thank you

I have read into the comparisons of the S Vs 350, thought quite a bit about it & contemplated the whether the improvements would be worth it for what I want. As yet, I'm not convinced, although I would consider a 350.

What was it that made you decide to go for a 350 in the end?

One of my concerns was I heard the exhaust is even louder on the 350's. I'm already thinking I'll need to get a track friendly rear silencer & even then I'm not sure it'll be enough because I do trackdays at Blyton which is 95dB limit.

You're welcome :)

overall it was lots of little things. Cosmetically for me the interior is lots better on the 350. Open gearshift mechanisms and much better linkages I've been told, nicer looking controls on the right with Sport etc. The glass vs louvres debate is ever ongoing but I prefer the louvres myself, and the satin black parts make the car. They are a bitch to keep clean and nice but really do add to the look. And as you mentioned, the exhaust is better on the 350. I drive with mine open 24/7. Shouldnt have any issues on track with the though - if you had a 380 however that's a different story.  I wouldn't worry as you can get db eaters or just a track exhaust for when you're going to do a day!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome @chappers85 - great choice of car, but then I would say that!

also an evo man, just in the process of working with torque gt to import a sub 20k mile, fully standard evo v. Literally can’t wait. 😁

enjoy the search and any questions, just ask away.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

You're welcome :)

overall it was lots of little things. Cosmetically for me the interior is lots better on the 350. Open gearshift mechanisms and much better linkages I've been told, nicer looking controls on the right with Sport etc. The glass vs louvres debate is ever ongoing but I prefer the louvres myself, and the satin black parts make the car. They are a bitch to keep clean and nice but really do add to the look. And as you mentioned, the exhaust is better on the 350. I drive with mine open 24/7. Shouldnt have any issues on track with the though - if you had a 380 however that's a different story.  I wouldn't worry as you can get db eaters or just a track exhaust for when you're going to do a day!

Thanks very much for the reply. 

I do prefer the open gait, it has to be said. The lower weight is appealing too. The glass Vs louvre I swing back & forth on film one day to another & whist I agree the interior looks a little nicer, to be fair neither of them is a rolls, they feel more function over form, which is exactly what I like.

With the exhaust I will probably need to ask in here for anyone who's been to Blyton, whether they had an issue. It would be my go-to track & whist I only do 3-4 trackdays a year, if I couldn't go there it would be a bit of a pain.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BatMobile said:

Welcome @chappers85 - great choice of car, but then I would say that!

also an evo man, just in the process of working with torque gt to import a sub 20k mile, fully standard evo v. Literally can’t wait. 😁

enjoy the search and any questions, just ask away.

Thank you 😊

Nice to see another Evo fan. I absolutely love them & have since I was a teen because rallying was my favourite Motorsport.

My dream car was/is a red Tommi Makinen edition, which I managed to get & owned for nearly 9 years. I planned to keep it forever, but  a stray rachet strap on a country road had other ideas, puncturing my rear tyre & causing me to spin into a ditch. That was a little over two years ago & it's only now I'm beginning to move on & get another performance car.

In my opinion, the Evo 5 & 6's are the best, because they're the quintessential rally versions & the ones I dreamed of owning.

I look at getting another every Evo every day, but I know it'll never replace my Mak hence looking for something completely different.

I can understand why your so excited about the 5. I hope you'll be sharing pics when you get it 😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn’t agree more, the 6 tme is the one to have from an investment view but for me the 5 is the one that won the rally honours with both drivers and manufacturer. 

i will post pics for sure but I have been warned it could be a long wait. I want a total garage queen that’s immaculate (as you know the rear suspension suffers from corrosion) and totally unmolested. I also won’t accept anything over 20k miles. Also want a gtr hakosuka but I need to refill the husband points for that one.

sorry to hear about your tme, can’t imagine how gutted you must have been.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome Chappers.

As an Ex-Exige S2 S owner, Ex-Esprit Owner, Ex-Excel Owner I know how you feel about your old car. If I had a large Drive and Multiple Garages I would so have kept all of them! But the Exige is something so different from the Evo I am sure you will love it!

Anything you need don't hesitate to ask a mod!

 

  • Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

 

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to TLF Chris. :welcome:

Looking forward to seeing what you eventually get for yourself.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

  • Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...