free hit
counters
Lotus Esprit S2 silver 1978 - Ebay UK - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
ChrisJ

Lotus Esprit S2 silver 1978

Not been auto posted - clicky

spacer.png

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Too far gone for John Waish so one for Barry Kearley, methinks!

• Haha 1

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Not doing another one - nope 

• Haha 1

Only here once

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Oh my, that looks lovely

I simply don’t know how you can resist it

Only here once

16 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

I simply don’t know how you can resist it

With great bloody difficulty Barry.....

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

I’m simply not looking at the advert again....

• Like 1

Only here once

So the orange one isn't the silver one after Barry had had it for a couple of days?  What a disappointment.

• Haha 2

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

That orange one looks stunning,  lots of hard graft and coin to get the silver one to that finish lol,   It will be intresting to see what the silver one finally goes for though, projects are pretty thin on the ground now, most are purchased by the restoration companies. especially the early ones.

Or Matt on here lol.

A

When was the S2 introduced in 1978 as on LEW there is "On 27 July 1978, just two days before the annual factory holiday shutdown, Lotus decided to issue a press release detailing S2 modifications"

Silver one - Date of registration 01 Aug 1978, so a very early one?

Certainly £5k underpriced being conservative. It looks beautiful.

I'm gutted I'm not in a position to bid on the silver one though. I've never seen a restoration case as complete. Looks totally unmolested save for the door speakers. Original wheel, gear knob, even owners book. The stereo looks period too. New trim and owners manual coming with? Ad seems honest as well [I've no relation to seller or car]. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Steve V8 said:

The orange one was in similar fettle to that silver one just a year and a half ago. I've seen first hand the work that's gone into it, full body off nut and bolt restoration, remember the red K-series engined barn find from not so long ago, this is that car, now back to its best with Lotus power once again. Neil saves these cars, I don't believe for prophet, but because he's a true enthusiast, and because he can...10k under priced IMO. 20181010_145035.thumb.jpg.30cdaa2d6ef0621466913a057088b898.jpg

This was during the final stages of restoration, in for boot carpets...A bit like Van Gough in this photo, one ear missing, now complete.

Now clean that bloody van..... and folks take the p**s out of me for dirty cars 😂

• Haha 2

Only here once

On 25/06/2019 at 13:03, ChrisJ said:

Silver one - Date of registration 01 Aug 1978, so a very early one?

Mine was signed off the production line on the 30th Aug '78 and registered on the 1st Sept. It's #59. Not sure how many they made a month but yeah that one's got to be really early!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Now clean that bloody van

That's a Citroën rubbish bin...in Bath North East Somerset trades are not allowed into recycling centres (they wonder why this area has a fly tipping problem). 

• Haha 1

Vin plate is missing from under the bonnet looking at the picture ?    Love the way the imobilizer key has been put on the rear quarter just by the drivers door so the would be thieves see it had one fitted,  so 80s.   This will be a great car for someone,   just over 6k with 22 hrs to go,  it will be a last minute bidders war lol.     

Hope it gets a project page on here, would be nice to see this one restored,  a very complete genuine project imo

A

On 23/06/2019 at 22:24, USAndretti42 said:

It's doomed, then.

Apparently not as it sold for £10,101.

• Like 1

Good price for a project car,   lets hope it gets restored to its former glory soon. :)

A