Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige V6 Air Intake System - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige V6 Air Intake System

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Stunned, would not have thought the ECU could adjust the fuel that much, terrific result....

brilliant

• Thanks 1

That is one hell of a result, just brilliant. I wonder how that would compare to the KT. I have always sworn that kit gave a BIG power increase over standard airbox, so your could be better!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BatMobile said:

How much and how fast can we get one.,....

Thanks again for your support - I know we've been speaking about intakes for a long while now lol

9 hours ago, Mattmahope said:

Great work Imran! I already have a KT intake but if I were in the market for one now I would be all over this like a rash.

Your side sills are in fact going on my car as we speak.

Can't wait to see some pics of those sills installed bud ;)

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

8 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

Stunned, would not have thought the ECU could adjust the fuel that much, terrific result....

brilliant

Thanks Mark! Much appreciate the comments.

The fueling is very rich from factory, so I felt comfortable the ECU would learn and be able to cope with the added intake, however it did take some work to get the pipe dimensions (and thickness) as well as the flange just right to keep the MAF happy. The first thing I wanted to see after the runs where the AFR readings which all came back healthy through out the rev range. 

• Like 2

www.alias23.com

9 hours ago, JCERB said:

That is one hell of a result, just brilliant. I wonder how that would compare to the KT. I have always sworn that kit gave a BIG power increase over standard airbox, so your could be better!

Thanks! 

I do want to be clear, the Komo-Tec solution is a proper solution, made by a proper company, and tested over thousands of miles across multiple countries and temperatures. In my opinion it is the best solution in the market!

I just wanted to create something simple as an alternative for the folks wanting a simple and relatively low cost option - Just as I did as an owner.

Again I also want re-iterate I'm not stating this is 'the' 380bhp kit... Yes the dyno shows a very healthy improvement to power, BUT in no way am I making these claims for everybody, what I do believe is that the kit will improve the howl of the charger, improve throttle response, and may help with a little extra power as a sugar coating.

Trying my best to think how to phrase this all so hope it all makes sense where I'm coming from... :)

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

I watched the Utube video, sounds a lot like my 460... 👍👍👍

• Haha 1

Well done Imran! 👍

Very impressive results, I look forward to seeing the intake become available to purchase.

1 hour ago, alias23 said:

Thanks! 

I do want to be clear, the Komo-Tec solution is a proper solution, made by a proper company, and tested over thousands of miles across multiple countries and temperatures. In my opinion it is the best solution in the market!

I just wanted to create something simple as an alternative for the folks wanting a simple and relatively low cost option - Just as I did as an owner.

Again I also want re-iterate I'm not stating this is 'the' 380bhp kit... Yes the dyno shows a very healthy improvement to power, BUT in no way am I making these claims for everybody, what I do believe is that the kit will improve the howl of the charger, improve throttle response, and may help with a little extra power as a sugar coating.

Trying my best to think how to phrase this all so hope it all makes sense where I'm coming from... :)

Fair response - if you get power as a byproduct of your aims happy days! Great work on achieving what you set out to do, looks like a good product so I'll be after one no doubt :) 

Really good work, and great to see options emerging.

Makes a change that, despite evidence you could bank on, you're not claiming you've found the secret to unleashing easy power! But you'll be pleased to know that on other forums your air intake is being compared to post war MJ bikes being improved with V1 rocket induction knowledge. So despite you not claiming anything like that level of development, you've been credited with it

21 minutes ago, PJ said:

Ordered and post info when installed. Now wait for delivery 🤪

Snap, want it now! 😬

hope I have it in time for snetterton on the 30th July as it will be good to see how it goes against two others with the kt ex370 kit installed

• Like 2

As Stu has said, can you please post the before and after AFR’s. Do you have any concerns that there is nothing left in the tank so to speak, once the car is on track and hot, to keep enough fuel going in to control temps? I know ignition will retard but then the extra is useless if not there when required. 

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Imran, great job!

I'd like to see your A/F readings as well, if you have them.

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

Very Impressive results!

I guess you didnt dyno the car with the CupR intake on? if you could demonstrate gains over that system I'm sure you would have people queueing up round the block. I currently have SSC system but im tempted to try yours as the numbers are so impressive. do we need to message you to ask for prices?

Count me in as well, I am currently running the SSC induction, but would be ok to swap :) would be cool to actually dyno before and after and see the difference ! But that is a hell of a result !!! Congrats ! 

• Like 1