Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige V6 Air Intake System - Page 2 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige V6 Air Intake System

@Stubox @Jack @Trevsked the first thing I asked after the runs was to see the AFRs...! 

I didn't get a print out but when we scanned the graph across the rev range we where operating within 11-12 which is still healthy. I'm hoping to go back into Litchfields this week to get the data. Today I've spoken to two further tuners to validate the safety of these AFRs and got a positive response. 

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Folks - What can I say its been an eventful 24 hours! Thank You all for your overwhelming support 🙌

I am planning my first run and taking pre-orders (thanks to everyone who has already placed their order).

The window to pre-order on the first batch will close end of month (30th June), I need to put a cut off to help me work out my run plan, material to purchase, and balancing my real life with this side project ;) 

The first batch is going to take me a month as I need to book the cnc machine and get brackets laser cut etc. The first batch will probably be limited to fifteen or so kits...

To be clear testing to date has been on the Exige V6 S model (using Tesco Super Unleaded), there should be no problem running on a 350, but im afraid im not comfortable with any other Exige model (360 and 380) at this time so will not be taking orders for these variants on the first batch.

If you'd like to pre-order please message me and I can provide pricing information and payment instructions.

** Note please do not buy this kit if you're expecting a massive power increase as I'm not going to guarantee it as per my thread. People seem to have got a little carried away with the power angle and I want to be very clear that I'm not selling these kits as an alternative to more formal and established packages on the market. It was never the intention when I started the project. 

If you want extra noise, and throttle response, then great, I can for sure guarantee this, but extra power is a nice vs a guarantee I can give... Further im just one guy, im not a proper company with a proper R&D team so I can't gaurantee anything relating to engine safety etc... not that any tuner does anyway! What I can do, and I believe I have, is share my approach, my journey, and my results to inform folks to make their own decisions. Sorry if this all sounds a bit 'pointed' I just want people to be comfortable with what I'm offering. **

*** PS If you have already pre-ordered and you're not comfortable with the note above please get in touch and ill happily refund you. I don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable. But please get in touch before end of this week if you do change your mind. ***

Thank You :)

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

As you say, if those are the figures then I’d be happy. Do you run a sensor and gauge in the car? Would be nice to know what’s going on when out on track, that’s the environment that’s harshest I’d think. Nice thing about supercharged over turbo is the consistency.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

18 hours ago, alias23 said:

@Stubox @Jack @Trevsked the first thing I asked after the runs was to see the AFRs...! 

I didn't get a print out but when we scanned the graph across the rev range we where operating within 11-12 which is still healthy. I'm hoping to go back into Litchfields this week to get the data. Today I've spoken to two further tuners to validate the safety of these AFRs and got a positive response. 

AFRs in the 11's -12's are definitely safe....I would also recommend running higher octane fuel especially when on track and/or during HOT weather.

RWHP and TQ numbers are what count, IMHO.

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

Folks - THANK YOU! The support has been overwhelming but unfortunately the numbers on the pre-order are getting to a maximum for me. So with regret ill be closing the pre-order end of week, this allows those who have expressed interest time to pay and still be included.

Pre-Order will now close for the first run on Friday 28th June.

Thank You 🙌

www.alias23.com

Did you ever measure  A/F at normal driving because I tested the oem carbon lotus intake (I have the AEM air fuel gauge) and air fuel was jumping all around because in the intake pipe is a lot of turbulence of air that disturbs the MAF sensor , I made my own alu intake and had the same problem , I placed an air straightener around 2" before the MAF sensor and this solved the problem,driving at the same speed and air fuel stays very stable...

s-l1600 (Large).jpg

2 hours ago, Harald32 said:

Hello Imran,

did you have measure Lambda before and after your conversion?

Greets  from Germany

Only after I’m afraid 11-12 afr 

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

Guys, I was fortunate enough tonight to experience this induction system first-hand as a passenger in Imran’s car. Compared to my (standard) 350 it is night and day different. I struggle to hear anything of the supercharger in mine but in Imran’s car you can clearly hear the induction noise and the supercharger whining away, I thought it sounded great, just how it should be!

A look in the engine bay revealed the huge airbox gone and in it’s place the neat install of the indiction kit. I was shocked to realise just how much space the standard  airbox takes up! All that weight! It’s crazy.

Suffice to say my order remains in place. Lovely car by the way Imran.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TonyKL said:

I’d be interested to know if the increase in noise will cause problems at uk track days?

I don't believe it will, I did over a year of track days previously with the CupR intake and never had an issue including the likes of Combe and Bedford. 

65315535_2332761670329882_531249890731229184_n.jpg.ef9d1046442d29c681832f839b13858a.jpg

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

4 hours ago, alias23 said:

I don't believe it will, I did over a year of track days previously with the CupR intake and never had an issue including the likes of Combe and Bedford. 

65315535_2332761670329882_531249890731229184_n.jpg.ef9d1046442d29c681832f839b13858a.jpg

Imran,

Like most on this forum I take my hat off to you. Nothing better than seeing a project work out 👍👍

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Karls said:

Guys, I was fortunate enough tonight to experience this induction system first-hand as a passenger in Imran’s car. Compared to my (standard) 350 it is night and day different. I struggle to hear anything of the supercharger in mine but in Imran’s car you can clearly hear the induction noise and the supercharger whining away, I thought it sounded great, just how it should be!

A look in the engine bay revealed the huge airbox gone and in it’s place the neat install of the indiction kit. I was shocked to realise just how much space the standard  airbox takes up! All that weight! It’s crazy.

Suffice to say my order remains in place. Lovely car by the way Imran.

Thank you Karl pleasure to meet you 👍

13 minutes ago, Mark030358 said:

Imran,

Like most on this forum I take my hat off to you. Nothing better than seeing a project work out 👍👍

Thanks bud ... I still need a KT460 in my life though lol

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

Well that was a big order placed with ITG 🙈 Current production time is four weeks so had to get the order in sharp. If no one objects I'll look to post updates on the first production run here to keep everyone informed of progress. Thanks
IMG_2878.thumb.JPG.c9f6fcf410bb9c430c9e30b999ed2c8c.JPG

www.alias23.com