Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige V6 Air Intake System - Page 4 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige V6 Air Intake System

24 minutes ago, alias23 said:

Just a quick note, following an question posed on email, the ITGs come pre-oiled therefore you should not have to worry about oiling them before install - Its already been done :)

Also, worth noting regarding re-oiling post cleaning.....there are two varieties of oil available from ITG for their foam filters.  I believe the filters come pre-oiled using JDR1.

1) JDR1 -- ITG DUST RETENTION COATING FILTER OIL (LIGHT DUTY) 

2) JDR2 -- ITG AIR FILTER OIL (HEAVY DUTY)

A good instructional video regarding cleaning ITG filters ... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 23/08/2019 at 21:57, alias23 said:

A quick video tonight on 'whats in the box' with a few important tips for installation!!!

Class.... well done mate!

• Thanks 1

On 23/08/2019 at 21:57, alias23 said:

A quick video tonight on 'whats in the box' with a few important tips for installation!!!

Fab , nice to see some care and attention in a product with good results too. Well played sir.

Now the 410/430 version please 😁

• Thanks 1

Black n gold

Hello alias23,

Can you please indicate the reference of the air filter that is used?

I have some limited technical skills and I wonder how this setup can affect the reliability of the engine especially the compressor? Could it accelerate engine/compressor wear?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

2 hours ago, tomprout said:

Hello alias23,

Can you please indicate the reference of the air filter that is used?

I have some limited technical skills and I wonder how this setup can affect the reliability of the engine especially the compressor? Could it accelerate engine/compressor wear?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Do you mean which air filter element do I use? If so its a commissioned item from ITG.

With any modification its at the owners risk, and any extreme use of the car will accelerate any wear, just as running a standard car on track etc... I don't foresee adding an intake causing too much additional wear and its not been a problem for me since running some form of intake for the last four years :)

www.alias23.com

1 hour ago, alias23 said:

Do you mean which air filter element do I use? If so its a commissioned item from ITG.

What is the lifetime of a such filter? In case I buy your system I would like to have an extra air filter so I can easily switch while I am cleaning the other one.

So again, do you have a reference to provide?

Thanks

On 27/08/2019 at 12:58, MrP_ said:

All in after polishing the intake tube so it looks all pretty, its all installed and looks like this:

ab0snsX.jpg

AKpkQX0.jpg

For those yet to fit, I made the following slight amendments:

• Cabletied MAF sensor to bracket as per OEM
  • Removed airbag mounting bracket as its redundant and looks it
  • Covered the exhaust vacuum line as its red and doesn't match
  • Coloured in the end of the silicon hose so you don't see blue on the cross section
  • I also DID NOT remove the wheel, as on the 350 you can remove the airbox without needing to. You can get to all clips on the 350 with long arms - with the engine bay covers removed its even easier! On the v6 the clips may be different. Also it may just be easier with the wheel off if you are not familiar with it. 
  • Changed to Mikalor clips on the throttle body hose - not needed, but look nicer

Imrans instructions are 100% correct, but as with all things you can find some tweaks if they suit you! Also you need NO EXTRA PARTS, he supplied the lot so no need going out to look for other pieces.

Got to say its a great product and @alias23has done a great job on this, he's certainly saved me a tons of time by doing the hard bits and making it work!

Overall it has saved 2-3kg from the original OEM airbox too, not sure if that was mentioned.

I've mine in but now I've seen your stunning engine bay I'm not going to post mine in here.  Great idea polishing the pipe!

Superb kit, sounds fantastic!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, tomprout said:

What is the lifetime of a such filter? In case I buy your system I would like to have an extra air filter so I can easily switch while I am cleaning the other one.

Thanks

Seems a bit bad to try to buy the parts directly instead of using @alias23 who had to buy several to know what works best. 

I’m sure if you buy an intake kit, Imran would be kind enough to let you buy a spare filter at the same time!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, tomprout said:

Thanks

The filter is somewhat special to my spec hence I needed to commission a very big order to get them made. 

Typically maintenance is once a year and the filters life span circa five years depending on conditions of usage. Lots of info on ITG FAQ.

Happy to sell a spare filter at time of purchasing a kit but I don’t feel it’s necessary. Note we are sold out on this batch but may look to re open a second batch later in Sept. 

www.alias23.com

1 hour ago, Cooper said:

I've mine in but now I've seen your stunning engine bay I'm not going to post mine in here.  Great idea polishing the pipe!

Superb kit, sounds fantastic!

Agree I now want to either get mine powder coated or polished after seeing @MrP_ work!

www.alias23.com

@alias23 would these (or your future 410/430) version work on an Evora 410 Sport Imran?

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

2 hours ago, alias23 said:

The filter is somewhat special to my spec hence I needed to commission a very big order to get them made. 

Typically maintenance is once a year and the filters life span circa five years depending on conditions of usage. Lots of info on ITG FAQ.

Happy to sell a spare filter at time of purchasing a kit but I don’t feel it’s necessary. Note we are sold out on this batch but may look to re open a second batch later in Sept. 

I thought the air filter was standard. Then it makes sense.

Edited by tomprout

Looking good. Keeping an eye on the V6 market and would be keen to get one of these kits if I make a deal.

However - you guys do realise that you’re all going to need to buy new engine plaques now that the Lotus logo has changed????! 🤪

42 minutes ago, Five50 said:

Looking good. Keeping an eye on the V6 market and would be keen to get one of these kits if I make a deal.

However - you guys do realise that you’re all going to need to buy new engine plaques now that the Lotus logo has changed????! 🤪

Rather keep the logo as is.... Not a big fan (yet) of the new logo, maybe it's just me.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, georg964 said:

Very nice to read about this kit.

Very good job.

How can I buy it and is it possible to send it to Germany.

What´s the price?

Best wishes

Georg

Hi Georg unfortunately we are currently sold out and taking a little rest! We may look to re-open a run in the next month or so... until then keep a check on the site as @Bravo73 posted :)

www.alias23.com

Ok. Thanks for the quick answer. I will waiting for the next run.

Please let it run fast.

Best wishes

Georg

But when I look on the side it is now possible to buy?

Just fitted mine. Took under 2 easy hours and I didn't take the wheel and arch liner off, all easy enough to do without.

Instructions were great.

Did the 10 minutes ticking over on the drive then went out to build up revs but hardly ever got over 4000 due to ridiculous traffic. Looks like tomorrow I get to see what it can do.

Martin S

• Like 1