Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige V6 Air Intake System - Page 11 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige V6 Air Intake System

Well, after replacing the filter with more restrictive it seemed that problem is solved. But when visiting Austrian mountains it became problem again. P0174 and P0171. I am thinking of adding air straightener as you mentioned, how do I fix it in the tube? how far before MAF? 

thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It has to be between 2.5 and 3" before the MAF and just use some 2 component glue , put 4 dots glue and slide the air straightener over it ,job done...

Edited by Bravo73

Do you think its possible to do this with this long tube? it will be very difficult tu manipulate and place it properly, what do you think?

Edited by Bravo73

Slide it in at the air filter side and push it with an extension almost in position , put 4 dots 2 component glue from the maf side and push air straightener over the glue and finished , did it several times without a problem...For extension to push the air straightener in I use a tube almost as large as the alu pipe (diameter)

Edited by Bravo73

I wanted to give this a go too but wasn't sure how to hold it in place, any advice where to get the 'air straightener'? Also any risk of the glue coming off, going into the engine?
Cheers

Guys i'm looking at an option. @dixie v6 has been kind enough to provide some recommendations and shared some of his data insights. I have reservations on straighteners based on the risk of something fraying and going into the charger. The majority have no problem but given a few people still struggling I will revisit.

I think I've found a way to make it work with a physical fixing which I'm going to look to create a test pipe. Its going to take me a little while as seems most of the good straighteners come via the states and if I do this I want to do it properly. Ill keep you updated on progress. 

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

Use a tube in 2 sections identical to the INSIDE diameter of the orginal airbox. Put the air straightener IN BETWEEN these two sections. Then have a one piece tube fit OVER the whole. Drill 4 holes in the outside tube to expose the inside tube. Do so before and after the after straightener.  Put a drop op epoxy in each of the holes. Put air filter over outside tube. Done, all 100% secure, no risk of anything getting sucked in. 

(courtesy of Dixie v2 CAI design, only he didn't remember anymore 😁😉

Not had that particular issue with the second filter,  I’ve been struggling the last few days with the car feeling sluggish at lower speeds/revs can only assume this is heat related as when car is up to speed and at higher revs it pulls fine. I’m in no way an expert though

Unfortunately I don’t have a fault reader, had no faults appear on the dash it just felt under powered until it got higher into the rev range especially after being stationary

Edited by Bravo73

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Imran, noticed on Instagram testing started. Pls let me know when it's concluded positive as I feel a need to upgrade as mine is from the first batch, no black no air straightener 🤣😁

Hello all,

An installation question to all if I may. This kit was fitted on my car by the previous owner and I noticed that the solenoid was cable tied with the rest of the pipework/hoses without that causing any harm. As I wanted to double check I asked Imran to send me the instructions (thanks Imran) so some drilling and a premium bolt from racebolt after saw the solenoid mounted to the engine.

Now my question is - since the solenoid is now in direct contact with the engine is getting dead hot as opposed to earlier which made me think that Lotus dealership (the ones who fitted the kit in the first place) might have deliberately opted for the above - quick - solution? Is there a chance that the heat increase will cause any damage? Can anyone please tell me where was the OEM position of that part on question?

Many thanks:)

• 1 month later...

Don’t suppose anyone has a video showing the installation ?  I’ve seen the instructions from the kit but didn’t quite follow them.  Wasn’t sure if there is a video showing the install ?  Or a series of step-by-step pics ?

The problem is with me rather than the instructions of course!