free hit
counters
There’s something wrong with this photo... - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Nathan Pitman

There’s something wrong with this photo...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The oil drip on the tiled floor?  That's really got my OCD going 😁

The lotus lettering is aftermarket?

It's in a different font to mine  - letters are squared off.

• Thanks 1

Equally as bad in my view 🤪 just saw a track sticker and assumed......should have zoomed in. 

Yup if I bought a car from Silverstone removal of that sticker would be a condition of purchase. As for the aftermarket letters. Don’t get it. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Nathan Pitman

I bought my 410 Sport from Silverstone and the sticker is on the car and on the "home page" of the ICE Head Unit.  They are easy to take off with a hair dryer. No need to be precious about it really and on a scale of 1-10 of things to get irritated about that are easily fixed it's a minus 1. Chill mate.

At least, unlike the OEM red 400 badge, the Silverstone one will not lose its red colour! 🤣

• Haha 1

Yea that came across as rather less tongue in cheek than intended! I used to get really peeved off with dealerships that slapped stickers in the rear window before collection and the Silverstone track sticker def isn’t on a level with that. I obviously have some unresolved issues to work through. 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nathan Pitman said:

As for the aftermarket letters. Don’t get it. 🤷‍♂️

This is the usual Lotus badge typeface. The one in your pic looks more Buck Rogers.

spacer.png

Unpopular opinion, but I actually prefer the aftermarket ones in the original pic. The angular font match the lines of the car.

I'd definitely lose the 'ring sticker, but (just because I prefer cleanliness) I'd also remove the Evora 400 badge on the right....

58 minutes ago, MattyB said:

Unpopular opinion, but I actually prefer the aftermarket ones in the original pic. The angular font match the lines of the car.

I'd definitely lose the 'ring sticker, but (just because I prefer cleanliness) I'd also remove the Evora 400 badge on the right....

I removed the Evora badge on my NA too. It sort of unbalanced the rear end... 😃

7 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I removed the Evora badge on my NA too. It sort of unbalanced the rear end... 😃

I left mine so that those not in the know stood half a chance of understanding the number plate :getmecoat:

Honestly though, I love the Evora logo, so it was never going anywhere. The Silverstone track outline does look a bit "Scooby doo", I've often though that it is nice to be able to use it, but they should put Silverstone Lotus under it to differentiate it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Colin P said:

I left mine so that those not in the know stood half a chance of understanding the number plate :getmecoat:

Honestly though, I love the Evora logo, so it was never going anywhere. The Silverstone track outline does look a bit "Scooby doo", I've often though that it is nice to be able to use it, but they should put Silverstone Lotus under it to differentiate it.

To me it just looks like a warning sign that the car has been tracked 😃

I bought a brand new 350z back in the day from Glyn Hopkin Nissan and noticed that they did/do put a naff plastic sticker on every car they sell and I specifically asked the salesman to make sure this wasn't put on my car.

I can live with a window sticker that I can remove, but I'm really anti dealer stickers like that.

On 26/06/2019 at 13:28, Simon Bateman said:

I bought a brand new 350z back in the day ...

Same! In France as well. Perhaps its a global Nissan dealers must - I had to get mine off with a hairdryer

1 hour ago, bosshog said:

Same! In France as well. Perhaps its a global Nissan dealers must - I had to get mine off with a hairdryer

I thought it was Elise S2 drivers that had hair dryers?

Wait until they launch the Type 130 before taking those letters off. That futuristic typeface could be what Lotus going to use from now on? It would look good illuminated like in the teaser video.

On 25/06/2019 at 20:42, Nathan Pitman said:

Yup if I bought a car from Silverstone removal of that sticker would be a condition of purchase. As for the aftermarket letters. Don’t get it. 🤷‍♂️

It was for me - well, I asked them to remove it at the first service