free hit
counters
How to remove rear light cluster? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Admiral

How to remove rear light cluster?

Hi, all!
I would like to remove the rear light cluster on my Excel to clean the interior.
left and right have different illumination because of dirt inside.
But I can find only one screw in he boot which do not hold the light cluster.

Any ideas?

Cheers!
Michael

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

If it's anything like the elite then the rear bumper has to come off!

if you do remove the rear bumper you'll need to drill out some pop rivets. I understand that if the spare wheel is in the car it's not unknown to drill through the rivet and into the spare tyre!

There are four bolts holding the rear bumper on. Two in the middle behind the number plate and two at the outer edges where the clusters are. The clusters themselves are held in place by bolts whose heads are glued in the cluster base. The clusters are sealed units and the coloured lenses are glued to the base. There should be enough room through the light bulb holes to get at the back of the lenses for cleaning with a bottle brush following a good soaking in hot soapy water. As well as the light bulb holders there will be wires connecting the number plate illumination.